Bringing up clean US title track bike

Thread: Bringing up clean US title track bike

Bringing up clean US title track bike

I'm keeping all my options open right now and found a few I'm the US. Just wondering if there's any special paperwork I need or if I can just have the bike signed over to me (it won't be registerd, strictly track). The seller is having a friend cross the border with the bike to sell it to me so I won't be crossing the border with the bike.

Re: Bringing up clean US title track bike

If you do it as described then your friend will be illegally exporting a vehicle from the US. Which could cause you problems when reentering the US with the bike if US Customs check the vin and ownership. Not that they've ever checked a bike of mine. But i'm sure they must do the occasional spot check.

Then youll be avoiding paying duty/taxes and a RIV fee on the Canadian side which im gonna assume is illegal.

If you're not bothered about the above then get them to sign over the ownership and get a bill of sale from your friend.

If you do decide to take it back to the US then you'll need a Y38. There's plenty of info on here about them.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Ok well this is why I ask. I want to do this leagally. If he signs the ownership over and then I take it and register the bike in my name is that the legal way?

Quote Originally Posted by dricked View Post
    Ok well this is why I ask. I want to do this leagally. If he signs the ownership over and then I take it and register the bike in my name is that the legal way?
    Go read the sticky on importing a bike.

You need to do more than just have him sign the ownership and go register it.

Quote Originally Posted by dricked View Post
    ^^^^^NO^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    Go read the sticky on importing a bike.

You need to do more than just have him sign the ownership and go register it.
    ^^^^AGREE^^^^

Is this the end of this thread then?
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Yep, way too much pita to import a bike, thanks for the help guys

If you are a licensed racer you can have the org provide a closed course letter and you bypass a bunch of red tape and fees. I do them all the time for our guys.

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    If you are a licensed racer you can have the org provide a closed course letter and you bypass a bunch of red tape and fees. I do them all the time for our guys.
    you did one for me, thanks. the process was rather painless really

I found a good deal in Canada. Actually alot more excited for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    ........ I believe US exit and CDN entry are very important as is the RIV ........ :-0 otherwise, a "clean" USA title is pointless (you are going to register it in Canada as a street bike ???? NO.....) just say'n ....... again (I am beginning to realize nobody actually cares about this fact.......) the persons name on the importation paperwork is "THE", importer and if anything "EVER" goes wrong and they find any "irregularities" in the paper trail, guess what..... CBSA or Transport Canada will come a calling ....... "my bad" won't work, they have "O" sence of humor. BG