Do all stunters have complete control over their bike?

Thread: Do all stunters have complete control over their bike?

Do all stunters have complete control over their bike?

Will a stunter have more control over the bike during a lowside/highside/any skid while riding a street bike? e.g Do they have full control of the bike where they will never lock up the rear or the front under any circumstances and be able to recover from a skid as though they are drifting?

Re: Do all stunters have complete control over their bike?

Quote Originally Posted by Sushii View Post
    Will a stunter have more control over the bike during a lowside/highside/any skid while riding a street bike? e.g Do they have full control of the bike where they will never lock up the rear or the front under any circumstances and be able to recover from a skid as though they are drifting?
    No stunter riders still crash, thats how most people learn new things...Were pushing the bikes and ourselfs all the time, sooner or later you cross the limits and take a tumble. And then you know where the limit is because you have crossed it

I think stunt riding has made me a better rider all around, street and track included, but I still crash every now and then...Sliding around with the wheels locked becomes fun, instead of scary. Then you can play with it and push the limits.

That being said everyone has their own style, some people push harder then others and thus crash more often...Others prefer to take it easy and learn a slower pace but crash less....Personally I drop my bike almost every time I go practice, if I dont I was taking it easy and not trying anything new....
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 09-13-2011 at 05:21 PM.

Re: Do all stunters have complete control over their bike?

Stunters crash alot more then "normal" street riders, not because they can't control the bike, but because they are pushing the limits beyond what a street rider could even think of. But if in a situation on the street, yes the stunter has more then 50% chance or higher then a normal rider who has never had an accident, to avoid the accident or save their own life when crashing. Most times when a street rider might crash, a stunter won't, he/she is too used to fast reaction situations or are aware of the phyzics of the bike and whats about to happen and can take action before things get hairy. But when it comes to the streets anything can happen, i've only had two major hospitalizing crashes and both times it was the other persons fault, they were actually very underskilled teenage drivers driving very recklessly one was driving without his glasses! otherwise never on the street only when practicing here and there in a lot to improve skills. But even then who knows, anything can happen no matter how skilled one is. But i would like to hope after all that i know how to crash IF i have to, most times its easy to avoid a crash unless its one of those wrong place at the wrong time.