Police officer among those arrested for alleged insurance fraud

Thread: Police officer among those arrested for alleged insurance fraud

Police officer among those arrested for alleged insurance fraud

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/cityne...nsurance-fraud

Four men, including a police officer, are charged and an arrest warrant has been issued for another suspect in an alleged $2 million fraud ring involving staged car crashes.

Peel police began investigating three Brampton rehabilitation clinics back in April after receiving tips they were allegedly filing fraudulent insurance claims on behalf of people who, authorities claim, staged vehicle collisions.

Insurance companies paid out an estimated $2 million in fraudulent claims, police said Friday, for things such as homecare, assistive devices, vehicle payouts and benefits.

Three men were charged Tuesday after officers executed search warrants at two Brampton homes. Now police are looking for one outstanding suspect.

Wayne Isaacs, 46, Krishan Arora, 38, and Balraj Thind, 41, are facing several charges, including conspiracy to commit fraud. Police allege Issacs was the ringleader.

Const. Carlton Watson, 49, was charged in April and is currently suspended with pay.

Investigators are still looking for Azhar Hussain, 38.

Anyone with information can call police at (905) 453-2121 ext. 3335 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.
    1975 Suzuki T500 - 2 Stroke 500 CC Twin

Re: Police officer among those arrested for alleged insurance fraud

Wasnt too long ago that 2 cops from Toronto got dinged for the same thing

Of course.... Suspended with pay...

Quote Originally Posted by PLau View Post
    Of course.... Suspended with pay...
    Innocent until proven guilty..don't we all shout that about HTA172?

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty..don't we all shout that about HTA172?
    Would it even matter? I remember the officer that hit-and-run a kid on a skateboard downtown and killed him a couple years ago and he was just put behind a desk (still working for the police).

I am OK with suspended with pay if the amount paid comes due on conviction. If they are innocent, they should not be hurt by the trial, everybody deserves the right to a fair trial before punishment. If they are guilty, why should I cover their salary for years. Hell, I'd go further with cops that profited with their position and sue them for their past salary back to the first abuse of power event that they were convicted for. Why should the taxpayer have been paying them when they were breaking the law and profiting externally from their position.
    Last edited by GreyGhost; 09-13-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PLau View Post
    Would it even matter? I remember the officer that hit-and-run a kid on a skateboard downtown and killed him a couple years ago and he was just put behind a desk (still working for the police).
    Just saying..he hasn't been convicted of anything yet. If the police were trying to railroad you with some bogus charge, would you want to lose your job for no reason? What happens after conviction is another matter entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    I am OK with suspended with pay if the amount paid comes due on conviction. If they are innocent, they should not be hurt by the trial, everybody deserves the right to a fair trial before punishment. If they are guilty, why should I cover their salary for years. Hell, I'd go further with cops that profited with their position and sue them for their past salary back to the first abuse of power event that they were convicted for. Why should the taxpayer have been paying them when they were breaking the law and profiting externally from their position.
    Well, I don't think you can really get their salary back..but maybe the money they defrauded..like white collar criminals I suppose. But yeah, don't disagree entirely.

Banned

he'll be paid duty until his court date, after that there wont be enough sufficient evidence and he'l be back to work in no time

Let's not lose sight of what this thread is about.

A bunch of people committed insurance fraud, got arrested and will hopefully pay more than a slap on the wrist.

Anyne wanna guess where the $2 Million dollars comes from that these crooks stole?

That's correct, right out of your premiums and mine. Next time you see how high your premiums are think of these guys.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2smokewilleh View Post
    http://www.citytv.com/toronto/cityne...nsurance-fraud

Four men, including a police officer, are charged and an arrest warrant has been issued for another suspect in an alleged $2 million fraud ring involving staged car crashes.
    Nice catch.

but wait, insurance rates will go up again if they recoup the money

Quote Originally Posted by ts87 View Post
    but wait, insurance rates will go up again if they recoup the money
    I assume then that with such a certainty, which will inevitably pad the pockets of these rich insurance companies, you called yur stock broker and told him / her to invest all your savings in insurance companies right?