TMP Labour Day Mon Sept 5 trackday track closing CRASH.

Thread: TMP Labour Day Mon Sept 5 trackday track closing CRASH.

TMP Labour Day Mon Sept 5 trackday track closing CRASH.

Hello everyone, i am using my husbands account in regards to the TMP Mon Sept 5 track closing crash. My husband Lorenzo was rushed to the hospital and suffered a severe concussion to the head and does not remember what happened or what went wrong. He seems to think that there was a mechanical failure with the bike that led to something on the bike exploding or leaking oil onto the back tire. The crash happened at the end of the front straightaway. Lorenzo was riding his friends earlier crashed black and maroon GSXR 750. If anyone has any information or seen what exactly happened that day it would be much appreciated if you can come forward with what you seen to help him remember what exactly happened, thank you.

Re: TMP Labour Day Mon Sept 5 trackday track closing CRASH.

Glad that he's alright considering the circumstances... I was there that day but was not riding the Green Group. I will check with a few people that I was pitting with that were on the track at the time of the crash to see if they saw something.
    All the best...
    Last edited by R1Guy; 09-09-2011 at 08:12 PM.

The tough thing is that the pits are very far from corner 1, and most people can't see anything from there.

Tell Lorenzo that Maggie says "Heal up soon!"
    *~Maggie~*

I didn't see the crash but I did look at the bike when it was brought back to the pit area. I noticed that there appeared to be an oil leak on the left side engine casing where it had been ground through. There was a fresh spot of oil on the ground under the bike. This leak may have occurred during the previous crash resulting in an oiled rear tire or a seized engine. Just speculation but he should check the bike to see this damaged area and if there's any oil left in the engine and also have a look at the rear tire. That might help him explain the crash.
    I hope that he's feeling better and makes a full recovery.
    Old enough to know better....

I was there with spooky as well and as the bike came through the pits I didn't see anything that stood out past the crash damage...

All the best to a speedy recovery tho

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

I personally found it somewhat odd that the bike spewed oil all through Turn 1 but I didn't get a chance to take a look myself. My advice would be to contact Donald or Chris from GWB and ask them if they noticed where the trail of oil began.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Lorenzo.

Quote Originally Posted by R1Guy View Post
    Glad that he's alright considering the circumstances... I was there that day but was not riding the Green Group. I will check with a few people that I was pitting with that were on the track at the time of the crash to see if they saw something.
    All the best...
    Thanks, from what i heard Lorenzo was riding in red group on a cbr600 then after his friend crashed the gsxr they both fixed it and Lorenzo took it out in green group to test that the bike was running well and then the crash happened.

Get well soon Lorenzo. I was there and was only a bit in front of the crash so didn't actually see it happen from behind, but I did see it happen out of the side of my eye going around 6.

Hope you are feeling better and heal up!

Quote Originally Posted by repsol_ryder View Post
    Thanks, from what i heard Lorenzo was riding in red group on a cbr600 then after his friend crashed the gsxr they both fixed it and Lorenzo took it out in green group to test that the bike was running well and then the crash happened.
    A very unfortunate accident... Doesn't sound like anyone was directly behind him when it happened, I talked to a couple of people that were in the green group and they got the red flag at a different part of the track and didn't see anything.

Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Was the bike re-teched after the first incident?
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.