Stock vs. Brand Name vs. Custom Exhaust? - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stock vs. Brand Name vs. Custom Exhaust?

Re: Stock vs. Brand Name vs. Custom Exhaust?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    Soon you'll be in a position where you won't have to deal with any individuals.
    That's doubtful, our bikes speak for themselves and by they number that have sold in the past couple of weeks, they're doing lots of talking.

Are you coming to put everyone out of business?

Banned

I'm sorry, I don't understand any of this. Sounds like the ramblings of someone who's using alcohol to lean on as he realizes that what I have written here is true. Hey, you had a good run. There was once Performance Improvemnts shops on every main street of every city. The only constant in life is change.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    That's doubtful, our bikes speak for themselves and by they number that have sold in the past couple of weeks, they're doing lots of talking.Are you coming to put everyone out of business?

What colour is the sky in your world dude??(I wish I was drunk, it would make you at least entertaining)

Do you just pull these phrases from self help google searches?

Perhaps you can show everyone what bikes you're building so they don't bother wasting their money with us?

I'll gladly tell them to do some comparison shopping if you

So speaks the aftermarket.

I get it man. You'd rather GTAM members waste their dollars on "upgrades" via your financial interest in various aftermarket dealers on this forum including Prostar Motosports rather than give their money to Suzuki, or Yamaha, or Kawasaki for a bike that suits their needs out-of-the-box. As I wrote, the aftermarket is being squeezed out. Aprilia, BMW, Ducati, they're all driving the big four into a HP war, and a war to build perfection. You have a 250 HP R1 blowing past everything in WSBK right now. You don't think that's a sign of things to come? The meat the big four used to leave on the bone for people like you (the aftermarket) will no longer be there. I can understand why you'd be ****** of to see your market (and profits) disappearing. Don't hate on me for it!
    Take a closer look on that "250 HP R1" and you'll see some stickers like Ohlins, Graves, Dynojet, Brembo... etc.

There's always going to be better aftermarket alternatives over OEM from companies that specaliaze in certain areas.

You're either a fantastic troll or just batshit crazy.
    former: 2006 sv650s (sold)
    current: 2009 r6

"You need to stop suckin back the ballserade, to much salt can be toxic."

Banned

The sky is blue, but it's falling in your world. It's been nice helping you display your ignorance. I'm sure everyone on here is really impressed with you and your aftermaket company. When you fly sponsors, you should always conduct yourself with professionalism. Always.

What colour is the sky in your world dude??(I wish I was drunk, it would make you at least entertaining)Do you just pull these phrases from self help google searches?Perhaps you can show everyone what bikes you're building so they don't bother wasting their money with us?I'll gladly tell them to do some comparison shopping if you

Banned

Take a look at the MotoGP bikes. Not too many "stickers" on them this year is there? I have an auto mechanics license, and a motorcycle mechanics license and I like to give the odd bit of advice to those in need on here. Especially new riders. Do you have an issue with that?Are you another vendor?
    Quote Originally Posted by optionfa View Post
    Take a closer look on that "250 HP R1" and you'll see some stickers like Ohlins, Graves, Dynojet, Brembo... etc.There's always going to be better aftermarket alternatives over OEM from companies that specaliaze in certain areas.You're either a fantastic troll or just batshit crazy.
    Last edited by Prince; 09-13-2011 at 04:54 PM.

Take a look at the MotoGP bikes. Not too many "stickers" on them this year is there? I have an auto mechanics license, and a motorcycle mechanics license and I like to give the odd bit of advice to those in need. Especially new riders. Are you another vendor?
    This statement has a lot in common with a guy wanting to put a can on his parallel twin sport tourer.
    New to me for 2012.

I'm still not clear what I'm ignorant of??

The aftermarket will ALWAYS have a BIG piece of the pie to play in because OEM isn't what everyone wants.

Any of the current 1000cc bikes would have been capable of winning at the world level in OEM trim less than 10 years ago, but they just keep adding power to them and the aftermarket seems to do just fine.

We actually spend a lot of time telling customers what they DON'T need to spend money on.

Do you know ANYTHING about what Prostar actually does?

No one goes racing on a stock bike, we build and sell race bikes,, lots of them.

Racing will always be an aftermarket business.

Take a look at the MotoGP bikes. Not too many "stickers" on them this year is there? I have an auto mechanics license, and a motorcycle mechanics license and I like to give the odd bit of advice to those in need on here. Especially new riders. Do you have an issue with that?Are you another vendor?
    No you dont.

Banned

Point being that the aftermarket is shrinking.'You know it's happening.

I don't know if you've noticed the state of the smaller racing organizations? Look at the AMA this year, looks like go-kart racing. It's lost all it's cache with Matt Mladin and Ben Spies exiting just on time (they knew this was coming) and all the teams are struggling for money. The future of racing is factory teams.

I'm still not clear what I'm ignorant of??The aftermarket will ALWAYS have a BIG piece of the pie to play in because OEM isn't what everyone wants.Any of the current 1000cc bikes would have been capable of winning at the world level in OEM trim less than 10 years ago, but they just keep adding power to them and the aftermarket seems to do just fine.We actually spend a lot of time telling customers what they DON'T need to spend money on.Do you know ANYTHING about what Prostar actually does? No one goes racing on a stock bike, we build and sell race bikes,, lots of them.Racing will always be an aftermarket business.
    Last edited by Prince; 09-13-2011 at 04:51 PM.

The future of racing is NOT factory teams, all the factory teams are pulling out.

The future is Factory support teams, drawing support from the aftermarket and out of marketing organizations.

Racing has gone through this type of low spot several times

The future of racing is NOT factory teams, all the factory teams are pulling out.

The future is Factory support teams, drawing support from the aftermarket and out of marketing organizations.
    I'm going to need you to stop making sense and using logic in your statements. Clearly Prince (with his mechanics licenses) is privy to the business sense behind the Motorsports and aftermarket worlds.

It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.

Banned

The future of racing IS factory teams and satelite teams (some factory support). The future of racing will be MotoGP 1, 2, & 3, with MotoGP now owning WSBK. The AMA and the like are bankrupt.

The future of racing is NOT factory teams, all the factory teams are pulling out.The future is Factory support teams, drawing support from the aftermarket and out of marketing organizations.Racing has gone through this type of low spot several times
    Last edited by Prince; 09-13-2011 at 05:04 PM.

There is plenty of power to be found by just removing the cats and putting on a slip on with a Bazzaz or power commander. Not sure why that would go away, especially with more emission controls?

You're claiming smaller racing org's are dying.

Go look at WERA in the US, they've got some of the biggest grids they've ever had, as have many of the European race series.

The TOP levels are fed by strong regional and national programs,

I really don't think you understand much beyond what you see on TV.

Just how much racing have you done Prince? or what race teams have you worked for as a tuner/builder??

This thread is gold.

The future of racing IS factory teams and satelite teams (some factory support). The future of racing will be MotoGP 1, 2, & 3, with MotoGP now owning WSBK. The AMA and the like are bankrupt.
    How many factory bikes were there on the Pro Sportbike and Pro Superbike grids this year in PCSB and AMA?