Renovo Flaming Foliage Festival - 2nd Weekend of October & Elk watching in Benezette

Thread: Renovo Flaming Foliage Festival - 2nd Weekend of October & Elk watching in Benezette

Renovo Flaming Foliage Festival - 2nd Weekend of October & Elk watching in Benezette

Climate Change!!!
    I had some plans to visit Renovo Flaming Foliage Festival - but those plans are toast.
    I also had some plans to visit Benezette for some elk watching.

Instead - departing October 4th for West Vrginia. Will be riding on SRs-7, 20, 15, 33, 250. Riding mainly out of Fairmont WV and maybe visiting Benezette on the way back to ride Pa 555 and see some elk.. maybe eat an ELK BURGER.

If you wish to join such a ride, we can meet for coffee and share plans.

Again - leaving Oct 4 - back Oct 8 or 9

cheers,
    Last edited by mototrek; 09-30-2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: chang of plans
    Pk! (aka mototrek)

Re: Renovo Flaming Foliage Festival - 2nd Weekend of October & Elk watching in Beneze

After 213 views, It's time for me to bring this to a natural end.

I have been preparing for this ride to Pennsylvania and West Virginia since early September. We are two riders and we will meet at the border on Tuesday, October 4th at 11:00 am

We will spend most of the ride in West Virgina except for a run along 555 to visit the Elk while Rutting. If you've never heard the sounds echoing in the forest, it's worth at least one visit
    Pk! (aka mototrek)

Re: Renovo Flaming Foliage Festival - 2nd Weekend of October & Elk watching in Beneze

Have a great ride, and I'm looking forward to the pictures and Ride Report!

Ride Reports and other drivel
    '08 Suzuki DR650E
    '04 Kawasaki KLR 685 (For Sale)
    '05 Honda VFR800a Interceptor (SOLD)

'01 Suzuki Bandit GSF600s (what the deer left of it)
    '94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)
    MC Instructor www.LearningCurves.ca

We just rode through 555 on September 17th. I would like to do the fall color ride through there if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mototrek View Post
    After 213 views, It's time for me to bring this to a natural end.

I have been preparing for this ride to Pennsylvania and West Virginia since early September. We are two riders and we will meet at the border on Tuesday, October 4th at 11:00 am

We will spend most of the ride in West Virgina except for a run along 555 to visit the Elk while Rutting. If you've never heard the sounds echoing in the forest, it's worth at least one visit

Enjoy the Trip.

Photos of ELK's at 555 taken last Fall

http://www.rnltruckrepairs.com/ihuntbc/sounds/elk2.wav They were most active at dusk

Don't forget Wykoff Run Rd. its near south of the intersection of 555 and 120. Turn right to the bridge.

We're on our way back - presently at the Dubois Manor slump!! But rolled in at 8:20 pm (FRiday) and everything was full. Ate supper at Hosses/Bosses Steak and Sea food, or whatever. Really good food and cheap! There was a football game going on at the Stadium, - so the town was packed and many were tanked up.

Over the last two days we were in West Virginia - New Stanton, Fairmont and Buckhannon. I found the favorite roads, 250, 50 26 all had a little too much traffic for my liking. A buddy needed a front tire - bought the tire in Fairmont and had it mounted inn Clarkesburg! Then back on the road and we managed to increase our mileage/hour appreciably. But we were unable to get down to Webster Springs because of timing. Will have to wait til next season.

Back in Pennsylvania. Saturday will find us heading up the 255 to Weedville and the 555 to Driftwood. We won't be staying in Benezzette and will prolly not see any elk! But we will have a brew in Renovo on Saturday - The leaves are rather "dull" Browns, yellows - but no Bright Reds, Yellows or Golds - and the weather is dry and the sun is golden - all day.

Pictures? Jeesh - who has time!! Took a couple - a nicde covered bridge off of 281. Will post when back in Markham.

Pretty snozzy now - it's 12:53 AM -- snoooooozz
    Pk! (aka mototrek)

We tried for a room in Lockhaven PA on Saturday night, but there was a Penn State game and even places 80km away were sold out, so ended up riding back to Renovo to room at Yesterday's.

Great pics, I'm hoping you'll share many more.

'08 Suzuki DR650E

'94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)

How is that hotel Yesterdays? I've noticed quite a few motorcycles parked there when passing through, although the place seems a bit rough.

Quote Originally Posted by polarized View Post
    How is that hotel Yesterdays? I've noticed quite a few motorcycles parked there when passing through, although the place seems a bit rough.
    You're asking the wrong guy. I spent 12 years in the reserves sleeping on everything from snow to a cement parade square, so what I'll tell you is that it has been around for a half century, the heating and plumbing fixtures show it, but the rate for a night as $65.00 for two singles and a washroom (some rooms you have to walk down the hall and use the shared showers and washrooms). I stayed warm, dry, and in the morning walked down to the Sunday breakfast buffet. I'd stay there again, but if you're picky then go with a brand name hotel, but book ahead and expect to pay more.

The two of us spent $125 dollars for two nights, with the rooms at weekend rates. One smelt a tad musty, the other has few electrical outlets and old plumbing. I enjoyed both.

'08 Suzuki DR650E

'94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)