turn2 - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: turn2

Re: turn2

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Keep up that attitude and I'm sure you'll find tons of new female rider friends knocking at your door. All that was available? You need better planning then.
    Maybe she doesn't get the attention she craves from women riders. I dunno.

Lol, no Mags, I'm done for the season up at Bogie. I told you to come out and play with me earlier!

However I may sneak a Shanny or Cayuga day in in October, I'll let you know if I can.

On the more substansive point regarding Turn 2, it seems common knowledge that there are problems to say the least. Which is a real shame. If anyone did attend their last weekend then they should be very grateful to the "Turn 2 staff" who were there to organise and teach. It took quite the effort to save the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery254 View Post
    Maybe she doesn't get the attention she craves from women riders. I dunno.
    I don't know jack from ****... but I am going to put my money on this.
    Last edited by Paul; 09-08-2011 at 12:24 PM. Reason: language
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery254 View Post
    On the more substansive point regarding Turn 2, it seems common knowledge that there are problems to say the least. Which is a real shame. If anyone did attend their last weekend then they should be very grateful to the "Turn 2 staff" who were there to organise and teach. It took quite the effort to save the weekend.
    What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Lol, no Mags, I'm done for the season up at Bogie. I told you to come out and play with me earlier!

However I may sneak a Shanny or Cayuga day in in October, I'll let you know if I can.
    Woot Woot count me in!

Amazon, there are some amazing female riders and some slower female riders. There are some amazing male rides and some slower male riders. Stop doing all us women riders a dis-service by lumping us all together as crappy. You've done it multiple times and it's seriously lame.
    Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do. - David Brent

Turn 2 has filed for bankruptcy.
    2011 R.A.C.E. Middleweight Twins Champion
    www.bulletmotoracing.com
    Thanks to: Motovan, Durham Top Quality Collision, Hindle exhausts, OGK Kabuto Helmets, Vortex Racing, Impact Safe-T-Armor, Suzuki of Newmarket and Orion Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Turn 2 has filed for bankruptcy.

That sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcat View Post

That sucks.
    Sure does! Now all the people they owe money to will get screwed and the people left will have to suck up the tab. So guess who gets to pay for that???
    bickleracing@sympatico.ca
    If you PM me it may take longer!

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha_Gurl View Post
    Turn2 School is different than Turn2 trackdays...I believe they are are 2 completely different things.
    Scouring their archived site, it appears they are one and the same entity.
    Last edited by Chaos; 09-08-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by john bickle View Post
    Sure does! Now all the people they owe money to will get screwed and the people left will have to suck up the tab. So guess who gets to pay for that???
    Ahh John that does suck for sure. So sorry as you are an awesome teacher

That too, John. It's not going to just hurt the owners (and it's gotta hurt!), but everyone else as well. I think it's sad all round. I will admit that I was thinking selfishly and with short-sightedness. As in, how will I get my Vinnie fix next summer? Too bad someone couldn't have just bought Turn2 outright instead of them having to file.

Okay, seriously, seriously disappointed.... I have decided it's best to cancel my plans for track this season and just agreed to a new game plan with a friend of mine this past weekend. I was going to do Racer5 on my own early next season and then we (3 of us) were going to book the Turn2 ARC1 and ARC2 courses and make a weekend out of it!

This totally blows.

Also sorry to hear about this for those that are coming out on the wrong end of the situation (Turn2 owners, employees, etc.).
    Last edited by Nyx13; 09-08-2011 at 07:46 PM.

...Then one day you realise your 'knight in shining armour' is just a retard in tinfoil.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcat View Post
    That too, John. It's not going to just hurt the owners (and it's gotta hurt!), but everyone else as well. I think it's sad all round. I will admit that I was thinking selfishly and with short-sightedness. As in, how will I get my Vinnie fix next summer? Too bad someone couldn't have just bought Turn2 outright instead of them having to file.
    When you buy a business that is in debt then you assume the debt as well as everything else which goes with the business. The problem with Turn 2 as a saleable business is that it is a service industry based around using someone elses property, using someone elses equipment and by hiring instructors and staff. It has no real asset, aside from the goodwill. Therefore it isn't difficult to replicate and recreate the goodwill around the new business. Which means that no one in their right mind is going to assume debt when they can let Turn 2 go to the wall and just step into the hole left by them. Although there will be other complications besides doing just that.

Shoot, I remember doing Turn 2 at the Mosport RDT when all George had was a 20ft trailer, a few bikes, one(or was it two?) of which I crashed, and a couple of pop ups. And John Bickle was one of our instructors way back in the day.

Thumbs up Re: turn2

....... Sad to see Georges dreams slip away (mind you that happened when he took on his "partners" from what I was told). Who gets to pay for it ..... unfortunatly the people that trusted the current owners and their intentions. The whole sports bike/track day/racing deal is in a bit of trouble right now this is not good for anybody ....... hopefully it just goes away quietly and the hole it leaves gets filled. For what its worth, this is a sport/hobby that is fueled by passion not money, I've been doing it for a very long time (VERY long time......) and there has only been a couple of people I know who have ever made any "real" money at this, you do it cause ya love it and if ya happen to be able to pay the rent .... well, your doing better than most....... and thats about all I can tell ya right now. BG

Damn, that sucks! It was a good thing going...and really fun. I hate anyone to go out of business, especially those catering to the riders. Weird thing is that, all their track days and school days are filled to the top all the time I was there. Guess outgoings were more than their incomings...
    Premium dude......PREEEMMIIIUMMMMM!!!!

Pro6 runs an AWESOME TRACKDAY!!!

Look no further.

Aw man ... I was late on pulling the trigger this year to do a CRG, now I guess that's out of the picture.
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    Woot Woot count me in!

Amazon, there are some amazing female riders and some slower female riders. There are some amazing male rides and some slower male riders. Stop doing all us women riders a dis-service by lumping us all together as crappy. You've done it multiple times and it's seriously lame.
    Yeah BABY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Yeah BABY!!!

I'm thinking this should be settled the only way I know. Paddling pool, Jello and Amazon taking on all (female) comers. Now there's something i could vote for.