Riders choice oil change gone wrong. - Page 3

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Riders choice oil change gone wrong.

Re: Riders choice oil change gone wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rg0r View Post
    Here is the best I can get the picture to show the crack. Was hard to take a picture underneath the bike with a phone camera. Will try to get a better shot next time.

It is located near the front

Attachment 26295
    That one is a little strange, and does not make any sense having to do anything with the oil filter change. It would be nearly impossible to crack it there while changing a filter..Can you tell use are there any scratches or gouges at the very front tip of that fairing? That one leads me more towards a bike lift accident, especially if there are scratches and or gouges at the front nose...

Basically while rolling the bike onto a motorcycle hoist, the very bottom nose of the fairing bottoms out on the lift and catches....I can see that causing both cracks

Attachment 26294

I can see how... considering it is right where his wrench was sitting. Thanks
    Yeah , that guy is lazy, I know Honda's are a pain to work on cause I have an 05 cbr600rr but hes got the lift and everything to take out the bellypan fairing would take you 5 mins max and and i have tried to reach the oil filter on my bike with removing the bellypan fairing and it next to impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    That one is a little strange, and does not make any sense having to do anything with the oil filter change. It would be nearly impossible to crack it there while changing a filter..Can you tell use are there any scratches or gouges at the very front tip of that fairing? That one leads me more towards a bike lift accident, especially if there are scratches and or gouges at the front nose...

Basically while rolling the bike onto a motorcycle hoist, the very bottom nose of the fairing bottoms out on the lift and catches....I can see that causing both cracks
    Can check for you this weekend. No time to ride this week due to work. I am curious myself now. I hope he did not do more damage than what he pointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Domon View Post
    Yeah , that guy is lazy, I know Honda's are a pain to work on cause I have an 05 cbr600rr but hes got the lift and everything to take out the bellypan fairing would take you 5 mins max and and i have tried to reach the oil filter on my bike with removing the bellypan fairing and it next to impossible.
    If it would have been as easy as he made it look I would have considered doing it in my condo parking. Too bad id never try such stunt myself.

It's unfortunate that rg0r thinks that we damaged his bike. The only thing that we did was point out the damage to the customer before removing his oil filter. We are only replying to this because the information being presented is incorrect.
    Canada's best choice for riders to better themselves. www.riderschoice.ca

Although I hold RC in high regard, and although I don't know the OP, I believe him on this. It seems odd to point out this damage if it existed previously under the pretense that the owner wouldn't already know. Don't you think? Accidents happen, and I'm sure the mechanic didn't damage the owners plastics intentionally. I think from a business standpoint, the best course of action would have been to simply admit doing the damage, replace the damaged plastics, and save your good name.

It does definitely looks like the wrench was turned and when the oil filter came loose and the wrench was followed through into the fairing.
    Question is if Riders choice pointed out the damage they would have noticed it before the oil fllter was removed.
    So my bet would be if the filter was still on tight, it might have been damaged before, If the filter was draining or removed I would assume it was them.
    Because if I noticed damage as RC said they did, I would make sure to point it out before I started working on it.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    It does definitely looks like the wrench was turned and when the oil filter came loose and the wrench was followed through into the fairing.
    Question is if Riders choice pointed out the damage they would have noticed it before the oil fllter was removed.
    So my bet would be if the filter was still on tight, it might have been damaged before, If the filter was draining or removed I would assume it was them.
    Because if I noticed damage as RC said they did, I would make sure to point it out before I started working on it.
    i agree with u 100%. half way through an oil change they pop out and mention they notice some damage? doesn't add up. any reputable shop would have notified u before the work began.

on top of that... the guy doesn't even bother to remove the (lower) fairings? i understand someone taking shortcuts in their own garage at home to do something... but this is a shop with supposedly certified mechanics working on a customer bike. look how close the tools are going to be to the lower fairing... i'm sure any honda service manual is going to tell u to remove the fairings first before changing out the filter to do the job properly.

then again this doesn't surprise me as around 4 years ago this same shop over-filled the oil on my triumph 675 by almost a full liter.

First Time I've seen RC post a rebuttal. I think maybe OP is more upset at RC for shifting the blame rather than taking accountability.

OP, is it my eyes or are ur fairings already broken above the crack?
    Last edited by FitzR6; 09-08-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FitzR6 View Post
    How about some pics?
    guess you didnt browse the whole thread...

First Time I've seen RC post a rebuttal. I think maybe OP is more upset at RC for shifting the blame rather than taking accountability.

I think thats the Decal.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by rich6969 View Post
    guess you didnt browse the whole thread...
    I did, after the fact.

I did, after the fact.
    better late then never i always say.......carry on

Quote Originally Posted by stormcat View Post
    Although I hold RC in high regard, and although I don't know the OP, I believe him on this. It seems odd to point out this damage if it existed previously under the pretense that the owner wouldn't already know. Don't you think? Accidents happen, and I'm sure the mechanic didn't damage the owners plastics intentionally. I think from a business standpoint, the best course of action would have been to simply admit doing the damage, replace the damaged plastics, and save your good name.
    +++1

'02 ZX6R

Yes it is the decal. I'm a little upset at the fact that they will lie to my face and insult me with comments such as "in us these plastics probably cost 100$". Well after doing some emailing to a few dealers I got a quote for under 300 before tax or shipping. Definitely not happy. But I will not cry like a baby and will end up paying for the damage myself.

Whole point of this topic started was to not let them get away with this that easy. I hope you get what you deserve for this Riders Choice.

Thanks

Yes it is the decal. I'm a little upset at the fact that they will lie to my face and insult me with comments such as "in us these plastics probably cost 100$". Well after doing some emailing to a few dealers I got a quote for under 300 before tax or shipping. Definitely not happy. But I will not cry like a baby and will end up paying for the damage myself.

Whole point of this topic started was to not let them get away with this that easy. I hope you get what you deserve for this Riders Choice.

Thanks
    I had a feeling it would be around there... I think this thread cost them more than that...
    Mina

Quote Originally Posted by Riders Choice View Post
    It's unfortunate that rg0r thinks that we damaged his bike. The only thing that we did was point out the damage to the customer before removing his oil filter. We are only replying to this because the information being presented is incorrect.
    What exactly is "incorrect" ? Trust me I have better things to do than waste my time making up stories or blaming people for something they did not do.

Sure you can say you had witnesses ( your own employee ) really? Is that the best you can come up with? ... Anyways I rather not talk with your kind of people... Good luck with your excellent mechanic and reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by 2live&ride View Post
    I had a feeling it would be around there... I think this thread cost them more than that...
    :/. They asked for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2live&ride View Post
    Most definitely, I would not trust a place that doesn't stand behind their mistakes. What happens when they screw up your engine, or something fails on the highway because they didn't want to take the hit for their own mistake.
    2001 CBR F4i

Some people just have too much pride to admit their mistakes...
    Mina