Algonquin Fall Ride - Page 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Algonquin Fall Ride

Re: Algonquin Fall Ride

I was through about three weeks ago and it was a mess.

Well that sucks was thinking bout going up next weekend and riding thru the park with my son.
    Barrie and area riders.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=123778

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Nice route info.

Thanks!
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

anyone going up this weekend - would tag along at lazy pace. Long days are okay tho.
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

Quote Originally Posted by MacDoc View Post
    anyone going up this weekend - would tag along at lazy pace. Long days are okay tho.
    Was thinking taking my son up in Sunday.
    Pace will definatly be lazy, weather depending of coarse.
    Barrie and area riders.

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Quote Originally Posted by boooya View Post
    Was thinking taking my son up in Sunday.
    Pace will definatly be lazy, weather depending of coarse.
    I was thinking of running up to Algonquin on Sunday as well - just for a day trip from Hamilton. Daytrip for me means "daylight" - cuz I have horrible night vision, so unfortunately running the whole route isn't going to be feasible for me starting from Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieGirl View Post
    I was thinking of running up to Algonquin on Sunday as well - just for a day trip from Hamilton. Daytrip for me means "daylight" - cuz I have horrible night vision, so unfortunately running the whole route isn't going to be feasible for me starting from Hamilton.
    I just run the 60 in both direction from 11 makes it a much shorter trip.
    Leaves look like there just hitting full color up here and this weekend will be ideal I think.
    Barrie and area riders.

Amsoil Oil? PM me

2002 r6-street
    2000 r6- track

I think this week is the best time, here is what the forest looks like from my window.

I'm heading up Sunday for a leisurely relaxing ride, will be stopping in at the algonquin museum and lookout for pics.
    Anyone want to join is is welcome, bringing my kid along so will be very legally paced.
    Last edited by boooya; 09-22-2011 at 05:49 PM.
    Barrie and area riders.

Amsoil Oil? PM me

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/242/1573...bin-Huntsville

How about that nice coffee place ust off the highway in Huntsville ( in that big plaza - as stop etc ) Coffee Cabin -

It's about a tank of gas from the GTA and great muffins - breakfast, latte etc.

That work as a meet up?? - hang in there til 10.30 to see who meets up then move on.

maybe 10 am???

I'm west MIssissauga Winston and 403 BG if you want to pair up to that spot.
    Last edited by MacDoc; 09-22-2011 at 08:28 PM.
    Found a free wifi spot on the popular motorcycle routes local or touring? Add to the list> here

I am thinking about going up on saturday, maybe staying overnight in the area. would love some company if anyone is interested. would rather not go at a 'lazy pace' but not at 172 pace either.

Got a route in mind....buddy and I were looking to ride this weekend.....depends on route weather cops etc for "spirited ride".
    I'm just tired from two days of short staff and busy so "lazy pace appeals" but twisties DEMAND some fun.

Weather looks iffy tho......."some showers" okay but lso don't feel like tackling steady rain on a weekend in cottage country.

Quote Originally Posted by rib View Post
    I am thinking about going up on saturday, maybe staying overnight in the area. would love some company if anyone is interested. would rather not go at a 'lazy pace' but not at 172 pace either.
    Your welcome to crash at my pad even if I end up not going.
    Barrie and area riders.

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Hey booya, what time you planning on heading up there? I may join ya. Coming from Ajax, but could meet you in Barrie or elsewhere depending on your planned route

Quote Originally Posted by mike226 View Post
    Hey booya, what time you planning on heading up there? I may join ya. Coming from Ajax, but could meet you in Barrie or elsewhere depending on your planned route
    Was thinking about 10ish, havnt planned a route was just gonna wing it depending on weather.
    Barrie and area riders.

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Cool. I'll let you know if I can make it either later today or tomorrow.

What time you heading up? Will meet you, our pace plan seems to be in sync.
    Barrie and area riders.

Amsoil Oil? PM me

well was thinking to be at Huntsville at the Coffee Cabin at 10.am and hang in til 10.30 to allow for ride variations.

It's 200k from my location so couple of hours and there is easy gas stop in the same plaza.

If BG is coming she could aim for the same timing but I'm open to suggestions - just works well with my tank range.

well was thinking to be at Huntsville at the Coffee Cabin at 10.am and hang in til 10.30 to allow for ride variations.

It's 200k from my location so couple of hours and there is easy gas stop in the same plaza.

If BG is coming she could aim for the same timing but I'm open to suggestions - just works well with my tank range.
    That's almost a 2 hour slab ride from barrie, was thinking of taking the more scenic 35 up to 60. Stopping at the Dorset tower for the views?
    I'm thinking it's a bit early for most, your obviously hard core lol.
    Let's let everyone chime in and give thoughts.
    Barrie and area riders.

Amsoil Oil? PM me