Russell Custom Seat

Thread: Russell Custom Seat

Russell Custom Seat

Has anyone ever experienced a "Russell Day-Long Sport Seat"? I saw one on a FJR 1300 and it looks mighty comfortable. I just came back from a 1800 KM trip and I could have used something like that. It looked quite nice on the FJR and the rider said it was one of the best purchases he has ever made for his bike. They are quite pricey but so are the Corbins and Sargents. I would like to hear some more opinions. Here is the link to the site.

http://www.day-long.com/gallery_Sports_Bikes.html
    We're not here for a long time, so make it worth it.

Looks comfy... But styling belongs on a cruiser?

Re: Russell Custom Seat

they had better be functional cause they have to be some of the ugliest things I've ever seen worse on a sport bike

I have never read a negative review of a Russel Day Long seat. If I remember correctly, you send them your stock seat with some measurements including your weight and they use your stock seatpan to custom make a new seat designed just for you.

And who cares what it looks like? you can't see it when your riding and if you were more interested in looking at the bike the riding it, you wouldent know the stock seat was uncomfortable anyways.
    VN9008CF - Candy Lime Green.

I know someone with one on a Honda ST1300 and he loves it. I have a couple of extra seats for my Z750, and I find the corbin seat I have is not comfortable enough for long touring. I may look into sending one of the extra seats to them. I could keep the corbin on for around town and commuting where it's fine and just switch out for anything longer than a couple of hours.
    2005 Kawasaki z750s
    1980 Yamasaki ZXS650 "Lunatic Fringe"

Instructor for www.learningcurves.ca

I am still sending around inquiries to redo my vstar seat... seems people dont like responding to my emails... Ill try these guys.
    Caught between the good girl, bad girl thing

Support my fight to end cancer in our lifetime - UPDATED 2012
    http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/BikerCat13

04' VStar 1100
    '08 Suzuki Boulevard S40
    '74 CB360T

Instructor www.learningcurves.ca/