Gsxr stunt kill switch

Thread: Gsxr stunt kill switch

Gsxr stunt kill switch

Hey guys. I had to move my kill switch on my gixxer today from the normal position for obvious leg related shut offs lol but I don't think it's going to hold up. I'm in need of locating a new aftermarket kill switch and/or a complete do it yourself idea. Any help would be appreciated. No it doesn't have to be pretty it's a stunter. What did you guys do to solve this?

Re: Gsxr stunt kill switch

Last edited by JohnnyP636; 09-04-2011 at 01:47 PM.

i have mine mounted under my tank where my ram air duct was.. it is impossible for me to hit it when doing any sort of trick. dont really recommend doing it like JP because where he has it is still in the way..if you hit it with your leg hard, i wouldnt trust the plastic not to break or the clip not to bend...but in JP's defense ive never seen him do any tank tricks or combos that would even put that system to the test.. IMO out of the way is way better than a small clip..

Quote Originally Posted by BnASoldier View Post
    i have mine mounted under my tank where my ram air duct was.. it is impossible for me to hit it when doing any sort of trick. dont really recommend doing it like JP because where he has it is still in the way..if you hit it with your leg hard, i wouldnt trust the plastic not to break or the clip not to bend...but in JP's defense ive never seen him do any tank tricks or combos that would even put that system to the test.. IMO out of the way is way better than a small clip..
    LOL No matter what I say or do, you always have to put it down some way or another...I got this idea from some of the US pros that do the same, so it works! You cant bend the pin and you cant break the plastic with any part of your body....Maybe if you hit it with a hammer......maybe...

I dont do many tank tricks, so I really did it because the first time I tried tandem, the partner killed the switch and mousetrapped the bike....For me it works when I need it too, and is stock when I dont need it...I dont want to move my starter button from the handle bar, if I stall I like to fire it up right away and keep the flow going. So moving the housing is not a good option IMO

I see alot of people just drill a new locating hole, and rotate the housing so the kill button faces downward and cant be activated easily.

Anyways just showing an option I use, BnHater approval not required
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 09-04-2011 at 03:00 PM.

I ended up going to royal distributing and spent $20 on a push button kill switch for a dirtbike. it'll serve it's purpose for quick kill I suppose but at least it comes with 1.5th wire so I can mount anywhere. And ya that paper clip is pretty cool lol. I got dirtbike bars that were a little smaller than stock so we had to tape them then put throttle assembly back on but tape was rubbing old toggle switch causin it to arc and blow the ignition fuse every 10 min. hopefully it'll work for now till I build new bike. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by karmajohn View Post
    I ended up going to royal distributing and spent $20 on a push button kill switch for a dirtbike. it'll serve it's purpose for quick kill I suppose but at least it comes with 1.5th wire so I can mount anywhere. And ya that paper clip is pretty cool lol. I got dirtbike bars that were a little smaller than stock so we had to tape them then put throttle assembly back on but tape was rubbing old toggle switch causin it to arc and blow the ignition fuse every 10 min. hopefully it'll work for now till I build new bike. Thanks
    What you bought is it a switch or a button? remote switch would be cool, but I dont like the buttons you have to hold for a second or 2 before it actually kills the engine....Could be hard to actually kill the bike if it gets away from you or is spinning in a circle on the cage
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 09-04-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Ya it's just push button. I didn't even think of when it spins outta control....but based on previous history of every time I bail something else will blow up and bike will die on it's own accord lol. I could always wire tip over switch elsewhere to cover that issue as well...Like a simple side to side kill that won't affect high wheelies. I think I forgot to mention that I'm not very good and tend to crash A LOT lol

No prob I been at it a while and have media core skills at best...

Some Sunday afternoon hate.

Shiiiiit didn't buy right switch u have to press button to complete circuit and allow to turn on. Back to square one I.e. Toggle switch from crappy tire