Hyundai hhd1250 1000w generator at Wal-Mart - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hyundai hhd1250 1000w generator at Wal-Mart

Re: Hyundai hhd1250 1000w generator at Wal-Mart

Cant comment on that exact model. I run a Hyundai 6250 as well as a Honda 2000i both run like a champ. The biggun is going on three years now. I do oil changes every 100 hrs or so and have had no issues. Still starts first or second pull and I sometimes start it Thurs morning and literally dont shut it off until Sun evening. It runs the timing shack at TMP, registration and usually two or three motorhomes. It burns 20L every eight hours under load. If the smaller inverter model is as good I wouldnt hesitate to buy one. I only use the smaller Honda to power the antenna on the far side of the track.
    I know that Costco puts their 2000w inverter on sale pretty often at 300 or so and they seem to work well. You can stack and link them doubling your output if needed. I think this will be my next move. I would love a large inverter but not the extra mortgage payment on one.

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    Cant comment on that exact model. I run a Hyundai 6250 as well as a Honda 2000i both run like a champ. The biggun is going on three years now. I do oil changes every 100 hrs or so and have had no issues. Still starts first or second pull and I sometimes start it Thurs morning and literally dont shut it off until Sun evening. It runs the timing shack at TMP, registration and usually two or three motorhomes. It burns 20L every eight hours under load. If the smaller inverter model is as good I wouldnt hesitate to buy one. I only use the smaller Honda to power the antenna on the far side of the track.
    I know that Costco puts their 2000w inverter on sale pretty often at 300 or so and they seem to work well. You can stack and link them doubling your output if needed. I think this will be my next move. I would love a large inverter but not the extra mortgage payment on one.
    Keep an eye out and the deals do pop up occasionally.

If i had room in my trailer for it i would have bought Dave Bissonette's Yamaha 3500W inverter. He sold it for not very many monies.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    I have the HY2000si. It'll run my Woodcraft warmers plus my fan, compressor and anything else i need running.

I had some issues with it when it was new because some of them come with a crappy Torch spark plug in them. Swap that with an NGK and it starts 1000% better and runs very smoothly. It is a bit louder than a Honda/Yamaha but at 1/4 the price i can't complain.
    I had to buy 2 of these to get one that works...but walmart offers no hassle returns so it was kinda painless except for the one day at the track that I had no warmers running cuz I expected the generator to work and it didn't.

So far, it has been run for hours and hours everday at 8 race weekends, and 4 trackdays. Caboose is right- new sparkplugs help alot.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Sounds like it's hit or miss with some of these... someone else I spoke to said his Hyundai completely seized on him after a year of use. And a handful need to make a few returns before one shows up in working condition.