Parking on sidewalks - York Region

Thread: Parking on sidewalks - York Region

Parking on sidewalks - York Region

This might be a dumb question but it is an honest one

There's a few threads about parking in Toronto but not too much elsewhere in the GTA.
    Is it legal to park on large walkways outside malls and plazas in york region (specifically Markham/Thornhill/Richmond Hill Area)? I always see motorcycles parked at entrances of malls or outside Plazas with large open sidewalks. The bikes are always out of the flow of pedestrian traffic however...

Re: Parking on sidewalks - York Region

No.

I know you can park outside of TD Canada Trust and Scotiabank at Scarborough Town Center no problem. I also know that the rent a cops at Fairview Mall will give you a $250 ticket for parking outside of the theater entrance. Ask me how I know.
    Winter: '04 Acura TSX
    Summer: '06 Ninja 650R
    Daily: Coming Soon

I have seen bikes parked at Pacific Mall, Markham, just outside the entrance doors, all without problem. They have a huge entrance area so space is not an issue. The bikes were out of the flow of pedestrian traffic, and more importantly bad Chinese drivers.

One rider on this forum parked his CBR125R in a legal parking spot at Pacific Mall. Someone picked up his bike, moved it between two parking spots and parked his SUV. I would have been ticked off.

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoBoy View Post
    I have seen bikes parked at Pacific Mall, Markham, just outside the entrance doors, all without problem. They have a huge entrance area so space is not an issue. The bikes were out of the flow of pedestrian traffic, and more importantly bad Chinese drivers.

One rider on this forum parked his CBR125R in a legal parking spot at Pacific Mall. Someone picked up his bike, moved it between two parking spots and parked his SUV. I would have been ticked off.
    My buddy had someone do that to his Enduro like 10 years ago with a Ford ranger 2WD and we took the jack out of my car and jacked the back wheels up just enough so they weren't touching.
    Revenge in the young and dumb days..
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Most (ie. virtually all) places have laws against parking on the boulevard and sidewalk.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde