Quote Originally Posted by mindactivated View Post
Re: Filtering

I don't find filtering to be cutting in line, or rude, or selfish. Do people get upset at cyclists filtering through stopped traffic? If they do they're a bunch of selfish pricks. Each mode of transportation has its pros and cons. Two wheels should be able to filter in a safe manner through stopped traffic in the heat or cold or rain, and 4 wheel commuters should listen to their radio in their air conditioned environment until the vehicle in front of them moves forward.

As someone who drives a car, I have no issue with a motorcyclist riding past me while I'm stopped in line. In fact, they would cut down on traffic congestion and I would welcome even more cyclists, ebikes (yes I said it), scooters, mopeds, and other motorcyclists to hit the streets. Ride around my car in a safe manner while I'm stopped at a red light. ALL I ASK is that you're faster than I am when I'm taking off the line! Thanks.
I've had bicyclists pull up on the right and then move to the centre of the lane at the cross walk, slowing down the 15-20 cars lined up behind them. Not very good for the environment.

As far as motorcyclists are concerned the majority that would split aren't concerned about going faster than you, they just want to be ahead. If they weren't so fragile, there could be a bump rule, whereby they'd pull over when you run into the back of them. Actually, that would be good for cars and the above mentioned bicycles too.