M1 test

Thread: M1 test

M1 test

i finally got my m1, after pushing it back for so long. One thing i notice though, i read the book ( motorcycle) and turned that book inside out, and still there are question on the test that are not in book, i think at least 4 questions, and on the motorcycle part of the test you are allowed for mistakes.

Re: M1 test

Those are logic questions that test the application of the knowledge you learned from reading the handbook.

If you understand the content inside-out then those questions should be fairly straightforward since they follow a similar pattern of reasoning.

Some of the questions are form content in the automobile handbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango5 View Post
    Some of the questions are form content in the automobile handbook.
    This.

20 questions are motorcycle specific. 20 are signs. 20 are rules.

Not all is covered in the M class book, a lot is in the G class book.

i think its 24-20-20 tho
    Quote Originally Posted by adri View Post
    This.

20 questions are motorcycle specific. 20 are signs. 20 are rules.

Not all is covered in the M class book, a lot is in the G class book.

There are a few questions about the penalties you get for certain offences, such as how many points you lose for dui, or what the fine in $ is for this or that.. those ones threw me for a loop as i didn't expect them at all, i basically just guessed on those and i guess i got lucky because i passed the first time. There were two other guys sitting in the chairs on either side of me taking the test the same day and they both failed, and both on those questions. They said they were not aware they would be on there either. So make sure you brush up on that stuff as well.

PS here is an online source that has most of the questions that were on the test when i took it. I didn't have the book at all. I just studied this about a week before i went, and then went through it again about 2 hours before i went and i passed. So it's all in here. Do all 8 quizzes, then see your score. And if you are lower than 80% on any of them do them again until you are confident you will remember. http://www.carsaga.com/driving-test/...-driving-test/
    Last edited by Johnny5; 09-07-2011 at 04:37 PM.

The tests all look the same colour, but there are at least 3 different types of combinations of tests and are all different, some people get the easy ones some get the somewhat easy ones, and then there is that hard one with more then 2 to 4 questions that no one expected. This sounds unfair, but this is their system of keeping a certain amount of pass fail ratio, some people don't even read the books and pass first time because they end up getting the easy version, some study really hard and still fail because they get the hardest version that had questions that were not in the book, and then the rest is 50/50 in between. If they had the exact stuff from the books, everyone would pass first time, this way they would not be able to squeeze as much money out of your pockets as possible, because if you do fail, you can look at the correct answer after and re do it for a fee of $10 as many times as you fail.

This is nothing new, most governments are currupt, their sole purpose is to make money with no real benefit to your well being, and this graduating licensing system in north amercica is a joke too, it's just there to make money, if it was really to improve riding then like in europe, not only would you have a m1 learners, you would also be restricted by only riding a 125, 150 or 250 cc with age and experience, this is why any rider from europe will always out drive or out ride anyone in north america due to proper government training and skills honed over the years over there. All the famous race car drivers and gp riders are european, atleast the most famous of them.

I put about 380,000km on street legal 125's, 150's and 250's alltogether before i moved to 400's on which i put about 200k's, then i moved to 500 & 600's with 290k's, then i got a 1000cc and put 120k's.

I practiced with my cousins for the M1 road test for two weeks straight in a parking lot, back in the day, by buying our own cones from the dollar store, and practicing till we could do it with one hand and no clutch control. It was five of us, we all got the exam date on the same day, we all passed with flying colours, and the testing person was very impressed, he said you guys ride before, we were like we came before saw how you guys test then we practiced the **** out of it the same way, he was shocked, then we laughed at all the people getting basic training for $400-500 a pop...wow! talk about getting raped financially! we just paid $40.lol and are still much better riders then most. Not saying people don't need that training, most do because the overall training system here is so bad, but the price, is just rediculous, i would never pay that much to get basic learning tech. The reason for so many accidents and deaths by motorcycle and cars here is because, people are arrogant, egotistic, flashy, and on God status all the time on the roads, and have no sense of community, working together to improve themselves, this is not saying anything about the nice people of GTAM but the crazy ones out there in the GTA on average, who text while driving, eat, or drive crazy, who are not even into cars or bikes and careless if they kill you, the genral public i guess, yet there are some really good drivers and caring people i've seen too, but not nearly as enough need be.

my point, there is a reason why germans, italians, the french and other european states etc are soo good at what they do, they take their time doing it, and don't miss a detail, and are passionate about what they do, their reasons for doing something is genuine, not because its cool or it can get you laid kinda deal. If you are on that western fast food tip, you'll fail everything always.

I've helped train and get 10 of my friends from reading the books to getting the MTO m2 this year, and will be doing that again next year. I just saved a few ppl $4000. For new riders, get your M1's in feb and book the mto road test at the same time, book your motorcycle M1 road test for the last day possible while your m1 is valid, and as soon as march starts start riding as much as you can, no weekend warriors, you must ride almost everyday, to get used to the bike and experience all the noob mistakes and such fast, for $400 i can also tell you how to start the bike, where the horn is, or how to avoid crashing, but you still will forget as a noob, the best way to really learn something is to teach yourself how to do it your way, because only you know how you learn best. Then once you put about 5000k's to 7000k's in that two months you'll be ready to tackle the mto m1 road test like it was a piece of cake, practice two weeks before the actual test and you are gold, two nights before, check your bike twice a day, to make sure, all your bulbs are working, runing lights, brake lights front press, rear press, hi-low beam, turn signals, where you choke is, horn, etc, then its three cone tests 1 small road test and you just passed all the BS, don't forget to take a set of extra bulbs with you, also lube your chain and do all the general maintainance before you go, make sure you clean your bike a week before and then not till after the exam, i had a friend who washed the bike on the day of the exam, and water got into some wires under the seat, didn't dry in time, and his turn signals stoped working during the safety inpection, he still passed we let him use one of our bikes, but if your solo, better to be safe then sorry. The only deffierence for the mto test is that, you have to be on top of your game, and make sure you look over every detail so there is absolutely no way you can fail.

At the end this kind of attitude, saves you heck of alot of money, teaches you everything you need to know first hand and in your own pace and counts as extremely valuable experience. To this day, i still rarely see people on 600's or 1ks or fancy ducati's who can actually ride ride, most ride slow because they have to, thats all they are comfortable doing, some go crazy because they think they can ride, then crash hard, not because of someone elses mistake but their own, then the guys who have been riding since they were young, they are good because they just have been riding forever not to have become skilled naturally equally if not better then most riders, and then the properly trained and experienced riders who ride slow only because they choose to not because they have to. some may be fast learners, but i always tell them, "you may learn fast, but there's still 24 hours in a day, you can't beat experience but only prepair for it by learning how to before its due".

Quote Originally Posted by ETR View Post
    this graduating licensing system in north amercica is a joke too, it's just there to make money
    Technically that's not correct. They (the gov) don't make much more money now since graduated licensing came in than they did before, and on top of that they have to wait a full 2 years (for a G license) for the applicant to go through the system in order to get all of their money. So they are just stupid.

What is puzzling to me about the graduated thing for cars is. The government claims they brought it in to make people safer. To go from a G1 to a full G takes 2 full years (unless you shorten it by four months by taking an accredited driving course). But here is the thing, you DON'T HAVE to go to driving school, that's just an option. So they make you wait two full years, but in the end you pay no more than you did back (pre 94) on the old system. So really they don't make more money by making people wait 2 years. NOR does it make anyone safer after all that waiting. Because there is no guarantee that people are even practicing driving at all in the 2 years they must wait between each step from G1 to G2 to G. You can literally just write your G1, then wait a year and take your G2 driving test without having stepped in a car once in that entire year of waiting. So how does that make anyone safer? it reallly is a joke. And the government just ends up waiting a full year for their money when you take that test. So really they don't make more money that way, NOR are the people any safer drivers.

Now i know that the government has put out all kinds of studies claming that since graduated licensing started drivers are safter. But i highly doubt that. What really puzzles me is, the graduated system for motorcycles is only 2 months to go from M1 to M2, then you can own a bike and be out there on the roads. Without (if you wish) any formal training at all. And a motorcycle is FAR more difficult to drive safely than a car is. And you can take a MSF course and pass your driving test through the school rather than the ministry, but if you take a driving school for your G2 for a car you can't pass through the school! it's all so backwards.. So you wait 2 years to drive a car, but don't have to posses any formal training. Yet you can be zipping around town on a far more dangerous (and likely to crash) motorcycle in just 2 months.

If the government reallly wanted it to be about safety then driving schools would be MANDATORY for both bikes AND cars. And if they were smart and wanted to make more money, the gov would run all those schools and pocket all that money. But they don't.. so to me the entire system is just stupid. The government are neither in it for safety or for money. The graduated stuff is all just a big joke.
    Last edited by Johnny5; 09-11-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Makes alot of sence Johnny5, try to find some information on this if you can, but i think i may have cracked the problems to our driving systems, from what you have stated it makes alot of sence, but no sense as to why they government has these rules i agree, i think the real story goes back to when Canada was under the rule of the Queen, all these regulations were based on the british system, and i think when the rule was gone, i.e Canada got its independance our government never bothered up dating the rugulations and system, now i know for motorcycle our tests of M1 are based on the british limited learners license and limited cc's to 125 or 250cc system, but they never updated the testing regulation, this is why any bike bigger the 250cc can't pass the serpentine test! lol further if you look at our hwy speed 100kmh is also actually based on cars from 1972 when cars were not as advanced as cars today, this is why europe countries like like germany have 130kmh on hwys today because its up to date based on cars of today. that 1ookmh is also based on the last cars study done in 1972, which was done by the British goverment!
    Last edited by ETR; 09-30-2011 at 09:41 PM.

Makes alot of sence Johnny5, try to find some information on this if you can, but i think i may have cracked the problems to our driving systems, from what you have stated it makes alot of sence, but no sense as to why they government has these rules i agree, i think the real story goes back to when Canada was under the rule of the Queen, all these regulations were based on the british system, and i think when the rule was gone, i.e Canada got its independance our government never bothered up dating the rugulations and system, now i know for motorcycle our tests of M1 are based on the british limited learners license and limited cc's to 125 or 250cc system, but they never updated the testing regulation, this is why any bike bigger the 250cc can't pass the serpentine test! lol further if you look at our hwy speed 100kmh is also actually based on cars from 1972 when cars were not as advanced as cars today, this is why europe countries like like germany have 130kmh on hwys today because its up to date based on cars of today. that 1ookmh is also based on the last cars study done in 1972, which was done by the British goverment!
    i know more than a few that have passed the serpentine test with a 600cc sport bike. it can be done, it just requires skill (which in my opinion is a good thing). or do you want crappy riders in control of 600cc race bikes
    x

The best question is why did you get M1 just now??? M1 is only valid for 90 days, so you really have to go and quickly find yourself the M1X exit course ASAP unless you want to write another M1 test in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    The best question is why did you get M1 just now??? M1 is only valid for 90 days, so you really have to go and quickly find yourself the M1X exit course ASAP unless you want to write another M1 test in the spring.
    Most of them are done for the season. Maybe one or two left.

Centennial College is still offering courses all the way until the end of October. Better book soon in case spots fill up!

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...=1#post1665444

RTI has openings at the bowmanville/mosport location this weekend
    x

Quote Originally Posted by flameboy182 View Post
    Those are logic questions that test the application of the knowledge you learned from reading the handbook.

If you understand the content inside-out then those questions should be fairly straightforward since they follow a similar pattern of reasoning.
    I agree with this.

I just took the M1 test recently as well and I found that some are just application of how well you understood the book. Some of them, the answers are all right (or atleast it seems like it to me...but then again, I've never been on a bike to know better), but I just chose the best logical answer, as how I understood the concept from the book. I got 20pts. I don't remember anymore if it's only out of 20 for the M1 part.

The rest is 20 pts for signs and 20 pts for G1 knowledge. The G1 questions messed me up, I almost failed it. I already have my G, I don't remember much of the G1 rules...esp. when it's still regarding driving the car. I remember being asked, what alcohol content could my passenger have? I mean, as an M1, we're not even allowed to have passengers, so why does it matter what a G1 passenger can have? I thought some questions on that part is irrelevant to M1.

This actually makes me wonder now, are not allowed to have M1 without the G or atleast g1?

The tests all look the same colour, but there are at least 3 different types of combinations of tests and are all different, some people get the easy ones some get the somewhat easy ones, and then there is that hard one with more then 2 to 4 questions that no one expected. This sounds unfair, but this is their system of keeping a certain amount of pass fail ratio, some people don't even read the books and pass first time because they end up getting the easy version, some study really hard and still fail because they get the hardest version that had questions that were not in the book, and then the rest is 50/50 in between. If they had the exact stuff from the books, everyone would pass first time, this way they would not be able to squeeze as much money out of your pockets as possible, because if you do fail, you can look at the correct answer after and re do it for a fee of $10 as many times as you fail.
    This is interesting. One of my buddy doesn't know how to ride a bike and didn't even read the book, she just went with the online sampler test and passed. I read the book, tried the online test, looked through the sampler test booklet and own a standard car. I studied the answers/concept behind it, not just knowing the answer and I still found some questions tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by pnayplayr View Post

This actually makes me wonder now, are not allowed to have M1 without the G or atleast g1?
    You can just get the M1 but when you get a M2, they give you a G1.

Learning Curves is still having, for as long as the weather holds. at least that's what i was told anyway.

Letting M1 expire gives one the advantage of issuance of M2 without having to wait for 60days after the next M1 (at some locations of DriveTest).