Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! - Page 12

Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

Re: Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

Quote Originally Posted by 09SV650S View Post
    Also got some HID questions on the DDM kit if one of you's has it installed let me know. I want to get mine on order and wait the 3 weeks

thx
    Over on the non-trackday KW thread we were talking about HID's a few months ago. jeffjones and Tim both have experience with them. Danny and I were going to buy some together to save on shipping. If you're into that we could probably save even more.
    -Dave
    2003 SV650S track bike, 2001 CBR929RR street bike

shannonville is 3.5 hours away from me, according to google maps

Maybe i will just stick with TMP and GBMP :P
    2005 Kawasaki ZX636 *Awesome-O*
    2002 Gsx-R 600 track bike w/750 goodies *Angry bird*
    2000 Gsx-R Alstare. *Star* SOLD
    2007 Honda Civic Si *Brooke*
    2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDi *no name yet*

I am still learning - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by doozerdave View Post
    Over on the non-trackday KW thread we were talking about HID's a few months ago. jeffjones and Tim both have experience with them. Danny and I were going to buy some together to save on shipping. If you're into that we could probably save even more.
    Definitely ready to buy today!! just need advice on which kit to order. PM me when you guys are ready to order, want to have it installed before spring
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_f View Post

Dude, Shannonville is WAY more fun that TMP and far better traction than TMP and GBMP. You've got to try it! Yeah it's a long drive, but it's worth it. It's a bit of a risk with weather to sign up ahead of time, but you can wait until the week before. SMP days usually don't sell out.
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by doozerdave View Post
    With the Pro6 Shannonville days we just booked, the first one is Monday May 7th. If we get lucky with weather maybe there will be a TMP or GBMP day before then.
    Strongly thinking about this one too... Head down on Sunday night, unload the bike from the truck and sleep in the back (have a good sleeping bag and air mattress). Screw this getting up at 4:30am to be on the road for 5am... think arriving there at around 9pm wouldn't be too bad at all...
    Kohlarbonez... 'Cause Running Wide, Front Brakes and Grass Just Don't Mix....

Also got some HID questions on the DDM kit if one of you's has it installed let me know. I want to get mine on order and wait the 3 weeks

thx
    Easy Peasy... just figure out how to take off your front fairing and where you're going to hide the ballasts inside it. Since you're not riding now, you can take the fairing off already and get an idea of where teh wiring goes. I'll help you install them if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigevildoer View Post
    Easy Peasy... just figure out how to take off your front fairing and where you're going to hide the ballasts inside it. Since you're not riding now, you can take the fairing off already and get an idea of where teh wiring goes. I'll help you install them if you want.
    I May take you up on that. I should take the plastics off anyway to confirm the bulb type. pretty sure its a 9004 but need to be 100%.
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"

Yea - What Dave said... Shannonville is totally worth the drive. GBMP and TMP are like the bunny hill(s) of tracks, fun yes, but SMP kicks a**.

Hey Jer...

Talked with Racer5.. they've got suits for rent that should fit you. $50 for the day.

later!

anyone up for getting a hotel on sunday for SMP?
    2005 Kawasaki ZX636 *Awesome-O*
    2002 Gsx-R 600 track bike w/750 goodies *Angry bird*
    2000 Gsx-R Alstare. *Star* SOLD
    2007 Honda Civic Si *Brooke*
    2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDi *no name yet*

I am still learning - Michelangelo

Hey Jer...

Talked with Racer5.. they've got suits for rent that should fit you. $50 for the day.

later!
    Nice! I need to get the course done in hopes of tracking next year. think this summer I'll buy my track gear, get the course done and find a track bike. Is the plan
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

I used to do that before too, but it hugely increases the cost of the track day. Dinner, beers (a must, obviously), hotel, breakfast @ Tim's... more than doubles the cost of the track day. I never really got more sleep that way either. I hate getting up early too, but it's really not that bad.
    -Dave

Nice! I need to get the course done in hopes of tracking next year. think this summer I'll buy my track gear, get the course done and find a track bike. Is the plan
    I like the sounds of this plan! haha
    -Dave

I'm going to be ordering a suit from a shop in the States... ordered some perforated pants from them this past summer, and I'm happy with the overall quality, but the sliders are absolute junk.... figure if the pants are good, the suits will be OK too.

http://www.ioffer.com/search/items/shoznay%20suit

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_F View Post
    Just show up on Sunday night like I will be... bring a tent and a sleeping bag... I figure it's safer (for me at least) to get a good night's sleep before hand... I really don't like the idea of getting up at 4-4:30 am, driving 3ish hours, day at the track, and drive 3ish hours home again...
    Last edited by Bigevildoer; 12-20-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Just show up on Sunday night like I will be... bring a tent and a sleeping bag... I figure it's safer (for me at least) to get a good night's sleep before hand... I really don't like the idea of getting up at 4-4:30 am, driving 3ish hours, day at the track, and drive 3ish hours home again...
    Hey, I could be into showing up Sunday evening too... I'm not sure just yet how I'll be getting the bike to the track.

Sweet. Do it. Do it. If you like street riding, you're going to love track riding.

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    Hey, I could be into showing up Sunday evening too... I'm not sure just yet how I'll be getting the bike to the track.
    I can take both bikes in the back of my truck... you may have to take some of my stuff in your car.
    Oh yeah, and beer for Sunday night is on you.

I'm going to be ordering a suit from a shop in the States... ordered some perforated pants from them this past summer, and I'm happy with the overall quality, but the sliders are absolute junk.... figure if the pants are good, the suits will be OK too.

http://www.ioffer.com/search/items/shoznay suit
    This is a great site! thanks man! I'll have a more detailed look tonight!
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

I can take both bikes in the back of my truck... you may have to take some of my stuff in your car.
    Oh yeah, and beer for Sunday night is on you.
    Have you ever tried putting 2 bikes in the back of the Ranger? If you can actually get two in, side by side, without tripping and falling out of the truck on your head, you'll have issues routing straps so they don't dig into your bodywork. I put two bikes in the back of a RAM 1500 and that was bad enough. We had to make a custom mounting board so we could put the straps straight down from the lower triple clamp to avoid bodywork and pull down hard enough to keep the bike from hopping.
    -Dave