Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

To cut down on the weekly ride thread pollution let's use this thread to coordinate trackdays.

On the table right now for discussion, Sept 8 TMP, Sept 12/19/22 SMP, Oct 1 SMP.

I thought racer5 was doing GBM on the 8th now that it's open, not so?
    Last edited by doozerdave; 09-01-2011 at 09:48 AM.
    -Dave
    2003 SV650S track bike, 2001 CBR929RR street bike

Re: Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

As stated a few weeks ago, I'm available on the 8th to be the unofficial photographer. I can meet you guys somewhere in Kitchener and follow you down or I can just meet you at the track.
    Canada is a country that doesn't know where it is going but is determined to set a speed record getting there.

First thing- I love this thread! Let's get c.u.next.trackday stickers - (I know a guy). Right- I propose a trip to Shannonville on Sept 12th... Anyone interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    First thing- I love this thread! Let's get c.u.next.trackday stickers - (I know a guy). Right- I propose a trip to Shannonville on Sept 12th... Anyone interested?
    I thought you might like that Don't for the riders part, as in "c u next trackday riders". LOL Speaking of decal guy, can you shoot me his contact info please? Gotta get my SMV decal!

Yeah, I think the 12th is the best option for me too. I want to break the 2:00 mark on the long track on my SV.
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by doozerdave View Post
    I thought you might like that Don't for the riders part, as in "c u next trackday riders". LOL Speaking of decal guy, can you shoot me his contact info please? Gotta get my SMV decal!
    I work in the printing industry too --- don't be surprised to find a 1-off is really kind of pricey. Might be cheaper if he has a vinyl cutter and can do custom stuff.
    What exactly do you want on the SMV? Just the triangle or text to go with it?
    Kohlarbonez... 'Cause Running Wide, Front Brakes and Grass Just Don't Mix....

Quote Originally Posted by Bigevildoer View Post
    I work in the printing industry too --- don't be surprised to find a 1-off is really kind of pricey. Might be cheaper if he has a vinyl cutter and can do custom stuff.
    What exactly do you want on the SMV? Just the triangle or text to go with it?
    Yeah, Dean got two sheets of numbers for his bike for like $20. I just want the orange/red triangle for my SV (still need to measure but I think it's about 10" base x 10" height) and I also want to get a few decals for the 929.
    -Dave

That would be awesome, thanks!

I don't think I'll be able to do the 8th... it's too short of notice on an already short week next week...
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Katatonic View Post
    As stated a few weeks ago, I'm available on the 8th to be the unofficial photographer. I can meet you guys somewhere in Kitchener and follow you down or I can just meet you at the track.
    Hey Kat... you see the shots I took at GB last week? What do you think of 'em if you did?
    Check 'em out at: http://s1101.photobucket.com/home/txkDesign/index
    Holy crap.. just checked the file views -- 15,698 file views with 248 page visits!

What kind of gear are you using? Took those shots with a Canon T1i and a Canon 200mm prime f2.8 lens. Took a few with my Sigma 180-200mm, but the lens was just too slow (f3.5-5.8 IIRC).
    Kohlarbonez... 'Cause Running Wide, Front Brakes and Grass Just Don't Mix....

Quote Originally Posted by Bigevildoer View Post
    Hey Kat... you see the shots I took at GB last week? What do you think of 'em if you did?
    Check 'em out at: http://s1101.photobucket.com/home/txkDesign/index
    Holy crap.. just checked the file views -- 15,698 file views with 248 page visits!

What kind of gear are you using? Took those shots with a Canon T1i and a Canon 200mm prime f2.8 lens. Took a few with my Sigma 180-200mm, but the lens was just too slow (f3.5-5.8 IIRC).
    Ya, I saw the pictures....they were pretty good!

I don't really know what mm I'm using or f'ing lens or anything like that....I just point and click!
    I've got a Nikon D70 with a couple of different lens, one for every day use and one big one for zooming in on ****.
    I've got a couple of other things, but I just play around with photography.....nothing serious, but it's something I enjoy.
    Canada is a country that doesn't know where it is going but is determined to set a speed record getting there.

Perfect, so now you can afford to come to Shanny on Monday
    -Dave

No kidding... We got crazy lucky with the weather. Only 2 groups until 3:00 then open track for 2 hours. Sweet! Some off track excitement but no damage done.
    -Dave

Yes. Shannonville kicks *****. Awesome day,..all the track time you could take. Just about had the track to ourselves later in the day.
    Got in a little supercross action too... launched the gsxr off a steep turtle at speed, jumped across the track, and landed it in the mud... and kept on riding! Super lucky.

Right Lads, next on the agenda... let's see what works for everyone, and make it happen. (Nick - your attendance is manditory)

TMP -
    Thurs. Sept. 22
    Friday Oct. 7

GB -
    Friday Sept. 30
    Thurs. Oct. 6

My vote is for TMP Friday Oct. 7. Extra long Thanksgiving weekend. Next week is too soon and I don't want to go to GB again until next year (due to poor traction and my aging tires).
    -Dave

My vote is for TMP Friday Oct. 7. Extra long Thanksgiving weekend. Next week is too soon and I don't want to go to GB again until next year (due to poor traction and my aging tires).
    Yea- I like Friday the 7th too.

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    Right Lads, next on the agenda... let's see what works for everyone, and make it happen. (Nick - your attendance is manditory)

TMP -
    Thurs. Sept. 22
    Friday Oct. 7

GB -
    Friday Sept. 30
    Thurs. Oct. 6
    Hey Dean, where did you get those dates? I can't find them on any sites. Who is hosting those days?

I just double checked TMP's site and they show Fri/Sat/Sun Oct 7-9 instead of the normal Sat/Sun/Mon that they do on long weekends. I wonder if they screwed up the date!? I hope we haven't hosed ourselves out of a track day.
    Last edited by doozerdave; 09-20-2011 at 03:08 PM.
    -Dave

Hey Dean, where did you get those dates? I can't find them on any sites. Who is hosting those days?I just double checked TMP's site and they show Fri/Sat/Sun Oct 7-9 instead of the normal Sat/Sun/Mon that they do on long weekends. I wonder if they screwed up the date!? I hope we haven't hosed ourselves out of a track day.
    The TMP dates came from they're site- as well as Racer5's (I believe they're hosting- and running a school). The GB dates I got from they're site too (just listed as motorcycle lapping) I'm pretty sure that we're good to go for the 7th.

Hey Nick! I can't do the 30th but aiming for Oct 7th.
    -Dave

Can't do the 7th, I work until 3:15am witch leaves me no time for sleep

Might just pack it in for the season, and rebuild my forks.
    2005 Kawasaki ZX636 *Awesome-O*
    2002 Gsx-R 600 track bike w/750 goodies *Angry bird*
    2000 Gsx-R Alstare. *Star* SOLD
    2007 Honda Civic Si *Brooke*
    2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDi *no name yet*

I am still learning - Michelangelo

If you want/need to we can rebuild your forks in an afternoon. Don't pack it in just yet!
    -Dave