So I went to the Ganny for the first time yesterday. What a humbling experience - I think I spent more time picking up my bike than I did riding. And today I feel like a took a beating from 5 dudes with baseball bats. Much respect to you dirt riders out there. A big thanks to nally for showing me around and helping me get out some of the tighter stuff.

Anyways, I'm hooked now and I will be going again next weekend with some better gear. I understand GP bikes is a good place for off-road gear?

I'm running Pirelli Scoprion MT90 S/T tires (95% road) on my DR650 and was surprised how well they worked. There was only one time in a patch of deep sand that the bike felt stuck after a tip-over and spinning the tire generated almost no forward motion, but with low throttle and some Flintstone action I was able to get moving again pretty quick. I do wish I had a lighter bike with more aggressive tires to learn on, so I'll probably take one of those courses where they provide you with a bike to get some more skills. I'll definitely switch to more dirt-oriented tires as well.

In the meantime, if you see me there, stick around to get some good laughs