Peterborough - pls recommend a paralegal (speeding ticket)

Thread: Peterborough - pls recommend a paralegal (speeding ticket)

Peterborough - pls recommend a paralegal (speeding ticket)

It's a 'standard', OPP issues 31km over the limit (80km), black OPP Chev coming from opposite direction, U turned than came after me. Hasn't be reduced on the spot.

Looking for some solid representation in Peterborough (no court date yet).

Greatly appreciated!

PS: right when the only ticket in my history is about to come off ...

Re: Peterborough - pls recommend a paralegal (speeding ticket)

This sounds like exactly how I got nailed. Westbound hwy7 just east of Peterborough when OPP in black suv does a Uturn. I used O.T.T. Legal services in Ptbo at Simcoe and Water streets. The second they saw who issued the ticket, they told me this officer is well known for being a d**k. Hope this helps.
    '08 Ducati Hypermotard
    '86 Yamaha BW200

Quote Originally Posted by sticker View Post
    This sounds like exactly how I got nailed. Westbound hwy7 just east of Peterborough when OPP in black suv does a Uturn. I used O.T.T. Legal services in Ptbo at Simcoe and Water streets. The second they saw who issued the ticket, they told me this officer is well known for being a d**k. Hope this helps.
    Thanks Sticker! I'll go with them, doesnt seem to have too many options there... did they win your case or just lowered the fine?

They suggested that I don't try to fight it as the ticketing officer NEVER misses a court date and has the radar to prove it. Basically they got it reduced for less points but I still had to pay them a fee in addition to the fine. Don't really remember the total amount.
    '08 Ducati Hypermotard
    '86 Yamaha BW200

Quote Originally Posted by sticker View Post
    They suggested that I don't try to fight it as the ticketing officer NEVER misses a court date and has the radar to prove it. Basically they got it reduced for less points but I still had to pay them a fee in addition to the fine. Don't really remember the total amount.
    How is this helpful (unless you have a ****-ton of demerit points already)? You are paying more up front and the same insurance increase. You would do better to just pay the ticket.
    Last edited by Rob MacLennan; 09-02-2011 at 08:07 AM.

I used O.T.T as well back in the day ( several years ago ), and they were pretty useless. They gave me the same advice. Knowing what I know now I would tell them to take it to court. Otherwise you are paying them to just look at the ticket, you can go to the courthouse yourself and get the same deal. So if you already paid them the money, get them to take it to court and fight it, make them work for it.

" Run as fast as you can, then jump and slide on the pavement. Now think of traveling at 80 MPH and doing the same. Don't be a squid, wear proper gear. "

I haven't paid anyone yet, but I see as an option, he does Peterborough as well
    http://www.paulkyte.ca/
    though haven't read any references yet.

Thanks again for comments!