Riders throat cut by fishing wire strung across intersection - Page 2

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Riders throat cut by fishing wire strung across intersection

Re: Riders throat cut by fishing wire strung across intersection

Someone must have seen this being tied across the intersection. It's the middle of the day!

It was probably some kid that didn't think thru the ramifications of his actions like the ones that blind the pilots with laser pointers. That being said, I think that attempted murder is the only reasonable charge in the unlikely event that this person is ever caught.
    2007 Yamaha R6
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R - Sold

how can this fishing line be tied across warden and not be cut by a mini van or truck?
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

GWS rider

Here's the thread from this spring about the same problem.http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...t=fishing+line
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Quote Originally Posted by Razorsythe View Post
    would be interesting if the person that did this gets garetted... would be ironic.
    Try garotted... would be perhaps "justified."
    Pk! (aka mototrek)

Please move this to trash talk. I've got a few choice words for the perp! Get well soon rider, nobody deserves this!
    A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a 'true' friend will be sitting next to you saying...'damn that was fun'

Disgusting. GWS rider. One more reason for me to leave the GTA.

Quote Originally Posted by rg0r View Post
    wow just horrible. hope they find the person and put them away for a long time
    I hope they find the person and subject them to the same punishment...

GWS rider

That's crazy! I drove up to the accident this afternoon, but not close enough to see what happened. The intersection was closed because of the accident and traffic was diverted. Someone had to have seen something, with the amount of vehicle and pedestrian traffic and the size of the intersection. This has me pretty spooked because I ride through this intersection often. I'm considering wearing my hockey throat protector when I'm in that area!

Wtf!!!

I take that route often!!

i feel lucky rode by there today and live just 6 blocks from there. Just down the street is terrible for crime in fir valley court. Thiefs, drugs police there everyday it a bad news place.

Would not surprize me if they catch someone from that place to have done this as the kids are wild and out of control and the place changed as my Scotish relatives lived there in the 60's to the 70's and there was no problems now regent park and others have moved in over the years and yet the new homes built right across the street must be $$$ for the theifs not even having to have to walk far.
    With TAFB the math always equals 16

I live right around the corner, in a nice part of the area and this is terrifying. I ride there all the time and the notion that someone would do that during broad daylight is unbelievable. Sure hope the rider is okay soon. Whoevers responsible deserved to have their kneecaps crushed publicly.

Update...

Found this article...

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1046129

Wonder if this was actually just a bit of bad luck? Seems improbable but part of me wound much prefer that to be the truth.
    Last edited by Rally Guy; 08-28-2011 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Update

@Irocian ... This thread is probably not an appropriate soapbox for your racist views ... just saying.

Damn, that could have been me as I pass by that intersection often. Hope they find and prosecute whoever is responsible for this.

GWS rider.

Burlington during the week / Pickering most weekends

I really hope there is an explanation here, other than to purposely injure someone.
    Forget world peace. Visualize using your turn signal.

according to:
    http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110828/motorcyclist-cut-fishing-line-intersection-110828/20110828?hub=TorontoNewHome

i
    t was tied to the bottom of a lamp post, rider was on a newer model gixxer. was able to get off and call for help on his own.

Motorcyclist drives into wire on Warden Ave.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/ar...arden-ave?bn=1

A 26-year-old motorcyclist hit a line of wire strung across Warden Ave. and St. Clair Ave. E. Sunday afternoon, cutting open the side of his neck.
    Humayun Kobir was riding his black Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle southbound on Warden Ave., near Warden Woods Park, just after 4 p.m. when he suddenly felt a sharp pain shoot through his neck.
    “He said he was feeling that something was getting tighter around his neck,” said Suleyman Kobir, the motorcyclist’s brother. “He saw the blood and that’s when he realized that something had happened.”
    Kobir said his brother pulled over and yelled to a bystander for help. Kobir received a call shortly after from the bystander and raced to the scene 5 to 10 minutes later.
    At the scene, Kobir saw string, blood and his brother on a stretcher.
    Kobir’s brother was conscious and recounted the events before paramedics raced him to St. Michael’s hospital trauma centre for serious injuries.
    Although Kobir’s brother is expected to survive, he said it could have been much worse.
    “With him riding a bike, I thought it would definitely be very serious. But this is pretty serious too. It was a pretty deep cut,” said Kobir, sighing. “If it was a few inches closer to the middle part of his neck, he could have had his (head) cut off.”
    Police suspect the red string was from a fishing or kite wire. However, they would not confirm whether foul play was involved.
    Late Sunday afternoon, Kobir picked up his brother’s helmet from the side of the road, along with a bundle of the red string, from the closed intersection.
    “Who knows where it came from?” he said, tugging at the wire. “But there seems to be a lot of it.”
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

OMG what are people doing these days.... i hope they find the person who did this and Justice served.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlo View Post
    @Irocian ... This thread is probably not an appropriate soapbox for your racist views ... just saying.

Damn, that could have been me as I pass by that intersection often. Hope they find and prosecute whoever is responsible for this.

GWS rider.
    how is it i state what actually happens there daily is racist? I have lived here for more then 42 years and have known the area my whole life if you dont like the truth thats not my fault bury your head in the sand if you like but thats what i have seen daily
    With TAFB the math always equals 16

The most recent stories on this from the 11:00 news report that it was once again kite string that did the damage. They showed it in a cops hand after the fact, it was not fishing line. So yet another careless kite flyer losing track of their string and leaving it for someone to get injured!?!