1 on 1 Track School Training

Thread: 1 on 1 Track School Training

1 on 1 Track School Training

I've had the best time and made the most progress on a track was when it was either me right behind the group coach, or when I was allowed to lead the group for a lap or two. I'd like to do some TDs or sessions at a TD 1-1 with a coach. So who are the coaches/instructors on here? Who offers 1-1 coaching and what are the average costs?

Re: 1 on 1 Track School Training

PM reciprocity
    RACE #36
    2011 CRF450R SM

You can get 1 on 1 instruction at any Riders Choice track day ....for just the cost of the track day.....
    they have between 3 to 6 top riders at any track day......
    not to mention Matt Mcbride...he came in 2nd at Mospost last sunday!!!!

Top that !!!!!
    I ride hard & fast on street and track.....get the right advice @ Riders Choice .......I dive deep with The Dive Academy in Oakville.....come dive with us

Good on Matt! I was chatting with him one day and he said he went directly from the MSF course to the track. Never ridden on the street. Smart boy right there.

You can follow me around, ('till you get bored), learn how not to do it. Pretty much for free.

This service is offered at many track days / by many organizers.

Which organizer to choose (and the level of instruction) depends whether you're interested in racing or 'just' enjoying track day riding. If you want 1-on-1 racing coaching, probably Racer5 or Turn2 track days are what you're looking for. Or maybe the SOAR school / track day before a race weekend.

For 'just' enjoying track day riding, at the TMP days (weekend dates run by GWB), several of the instructors from the Intro to Track School are usually there and are happy to provide 1-on-1 instruction. You follow them, they follow you, provide feedback and pointers, all that good stuff. No extra charge for this, though Donald does like ice cream (purely optional.)

The next Intro to Track School is on September 3 so even if you're not considering enrolling in that, there will be an extra instructor or two in attendance on that day; I'm sure you'll be able to find some help. Just ask Donald or Chris and they'll hook you up.

Peace.
    Last edited by The_Squire; 08-27-2011 at 03:58 PM.
    The_Squire - Waterloo
    2003 Honda CBR1100XX
    2002 Honda VFR800
    2003 Honda CBR600RR