Jevco does not cover theft, fire or vanalism for bikes over 10 years old.

Thread: Jevco does not cover theft, fire or vanalism for bikes over 10 years old.

Jevco does not cover theft, fire or vanalism for bikes over 10 years old.

SO the quote I got for my older sport bike was excellent however , they would not go beyond the liability coverage. No fire or theft etc. The representative stated that due to the bike being over 10 years old they would no be able to offer the extra coverage.

This is the first I am hearing of an insurance company doing this. Is this standard practice??

Can anyone suggest to me a company that will look at the age of my bike, give me a reasonable quote but still offer the theft coverage?

Re: Jevco does not cover theft, fire or vanalism for bikes over 10 years old.

They did the same to me, but my bike is 29 years old so its more understandable.

Will they cover it with an appraisal? BTW I'm with Jevco and I'm sure they offer comp for bikes of any age.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    Will they cover it with an appraisal? BTW I'm with Jevco and I'm sure they offer comp for bikes of any age.
    She stated that due to the age of the bike , they could give me liability only.

The question is ... is it worth it? unless you have a real vintage bike, me thinks it is not. Just my opinion. on the other hand 10 years seems to be kind of "young". I thought it was 20 or at least 15??

That's such *********. I don't see why it would be a problem other than having a difficult time trying to put a $ amount on an older bike, but it's still possible if someone puts a bit of effort into it.
    I'm with Jevco for now, and I don't have any issues with my policy, but I don't like hearing things like this lol.
    "It's only once you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Tyler Durden

2005 SV650S : Mar 2011 - Oct 2011

Quote Originally Posted by jeero View Post
    That's such *********. I don't see why it would be a problem other than having a difficult time trying to put a $ amount on an older bike, but it's still possible if someone puts a bit of effort into it.
    I'm with Jevco for now, and I don't have any issues with my policy, but I don't like hearing things like this lol.
    I know right.

So its either I pay Jevco $700 per year for just the liability coverage or $2100 to Statefarm that will give me comprehensive as well.