Are GP Bikes honoring my used warranty? - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are GP Bikes honoring my used warranty?

Re: GP Bikes not honoring warranty

Quote Originally Posted by mmmnaked View Post
    Why give him a break? He's bad mouthing a good shop and potentially driving away future customers with his lies. I don't shop at GP Bikes (they're too far) but this kind of stuff is careless. GTAM has a huge audience and this kind of thread should be deleted by the moderators, IMO.
    The thread title is misleading, but he isn't lying... I myself got the impression that everything was under warranty initially because i was told that if I had any problems I can bring it back.

I did ask further questions and realized that it was a power train warranty. But I had no problem with that because the other places I saw offered either less of a warranty or no warranty at all.

I did go back for a few problems that would not be considered a power train problem but they did fix them for me without further payment.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyBR View Post
    My intention is not to drive away customers from GP Bikes. Rather, I'm just telling others my experience their. What, I don't have the right to voice my concerns?
    You're lying. We've already covered this. They honoured your warranty and that's all there is to be said about this subject. Maybe you should take a look at the thread title again if you need confirmation of your own lies.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    The thread title is misleading, but he isn't lying...

Im gonna get outta here before my head explodes.

Yea, and mmmnaked is indeed doing that :/ mmmnaked I won't be adding you to my fav list any time soon

I really didn't think posting this thread would be so volatile. I just wanted some advice, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by 2live&ride View Post
    I agree with you to a certain extent, however I don't think we should flame the guy because of it.
    He thought there was a problem, he came here to ask for help/voice his opinion and now he knows what's up.
    No need to make him feel dumb about it.
    Regards,
    Rodney Reynolds

Motorcycle Group: CLICK HERE | My Distractions: CLICK HERE | I Saw You: CLICK HERE

04 VFR800 (Current)
    11 CBR250R (Current - Wife's)
    06 Kawasaki 650R
    06 Yamaha TW200
    83 Honda 100cc

Buddy, nobody here has any clue why you're disappointed. GP Bikes honoured the warranty they gave you, they've done absolutely nothing wrong. You're the one whining for absolutely NO REASON whatsoever.

If it was my shop I'd ban you from the property entirely. You're the worst kind of customer.
    Remind me what shop you own so I can never go there.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Yea, I was hoping they would do the honorable thing. It's really my fault at the end of the day, not reading close enough and understanding completely what is covered under their used warranty. Life goes on....

The thread title is misleading, but he isn't lying... I myself got the impression that everything was under warranty initially because i was told that if I had any problems I can bring it back.

I did ask further questions and realized that it was a power train warranty. But I had no problem with that because the other places I saw offered either less of a warranty or no warranty at all.

I did go back for a few problems that would not be considered a power train problem but they did fix them for me without further payment.
    Regards,
    Rodney Reynolds

Motorcycle Group: CLICK HERE | My Distractions: CLICK HERE | I Saw You: CLICK HERE

04 VFR800 (Current)
    06 Kawasaki 650R
    06 Yamaha TW200
    83 Honda 100cc

Yea, no kidding eh!

Remind me what shop you own so I can never go there.
    Regards,
    Rodney Reynolds

04 VFR800 (Current)
    06 Kawasaki 650R
    06 Yamaha TW200
    83 Honda 100cc

So consumers have no options when purchasing used items? Really, you're kidding me right?

I could only wish to be in a position to own a reputable shop such as GP Bikes. A shop which clearly honours its obligations to its customers and honours its written warranties.

And what do they get in return? A thread on GTAM claiming that they didn't honour a warranty and that the original poster is going so far as considering contacting the authorities to lodge a formal complaint against them.

Simply incredible.
    Regards,
    Rodney Reynolds

04 VFR800 (Current)
    06 Kawasaki 650R
    06 Yamaha TW200
    83 Honda 100cc

Hey RodneyBR,

When I got my bike there, the warranty did only cover engine stuff and they did fix it no problem (about 6 weeks after I got it). However, my clutch lever came loose (no big deal, I could have tightened it up myself, and I noticed my tires looked a bit flat when I was up picking up new pants there about a month after that last visit. I asked if I could bring it around back for one of the guys to tighten the lever and check out the tire pressure. 5 min later all done, I was running a few psi low so they pumped it up for me so I didn't have to go to a gas station. Little things like this count in my books for any place I'm dealing with. My warranty was not 3 months, it was 3000km. Not sure if they changed that policy from last year but check over the yellow paper (bill of sale) one more time, so you would be actually covered for way more KM as you only put a couple hundred.

*Get the gasket replaced as it is covered. The break pads little bit of squeakiness, don't worry about it too much, might just be a bit of dust that got in there (I get it all the time, really dusty garage, too lazy to put a cover on it all the time compressed air gets the job done if need be) As for the hose, try and split it with them.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyBR View Post
    Yea, I was hoping they would do the honorable thing. It's really my fault at the end of the day, not reading close enough and understanding completely what is covered under their used warranty. Life goes on....
    I wouldn't let it get to you, at the end of the day. Its a minor problem and used bikes have minor problems. The bigger problem they fixed without issue.

I went to a bunch of shops before I bought my bike and I still think they are one of the most honest places. But I expect that from a ducati dealership. Thats why I went there.

Its the difference between buying a hyundai and a merc. I expect the hyundai dealership to draw the line more strictly because they are a volume business with low margins. I expect the Merc dealership to do a ton of crap that may not be explictly promised to me because I paid for that, its part of buying luxury goods.

Thats why its easier to return something at holts than the gap.

As hostile as mmmnaked sounds, I have to agree with him.
    Mina

Nice, seems like they did the honorable thing in your case

Quote Originally Posted by S500K View Post
    Hey RodneyBR,

When I got my bike there, the warranty did only cover engine stuff and they did fix it no problem (about 6 weeks after I got it). However, my clutch lever came loose (no big deal, I could have tightened it up myself, and I noticed my tires looked a bit flat when I was up picking up new pants there about a month after that last visit. I asked if I could bring it around back for one of the guys to tighten the lever and check out the tire pressure. 5 min later all done, I was running a few psi low so they pumped it up for me so I didn't have to go to a gas station. Little things like this count in my books for any place I'm dealing with. My warranty was not 3 months, it was 3000km. Not sure if they changed that policy from last year but check over the yellow paper (bill of sale) one more time, so you would be actually covered for way more KM as you only put a couple hundred.

*Get the gasket replaced as it is covered. The break pads little bit of squeakiness, don't worry about it too much, might just be a bit of dust that got in there (I get it all the time, really dusty garage, too lazy to put a cover on it all the time compressed air gets the job done if need be) As for the hose, try and split it with them.

Good luck.
    Regards,
    Rodney Reynolds

04 VFR800 (Current)
    06 Kawasaki 650R
    06 Yamaha TW200
    83 Honda 100cc

You would never own a reputable anything with that attitude.
    Which attitude exactly?

The one where I commend a shop for honouring their obligations, or the one where I point out the libel a customer posts about said shop?

ps. I'm a business owner, and business has been good for years thanks to my attitude. I honour my obligations and I speak out against slanderous ******** when I hear it.
    Last edited by Paul; 08-25-2011 at 12:48 AM. Reason: language

Spray your squeaky break pedal with some lube and replace the 3$ part when you bleed the brakes next year. If it you were fighting for the base gasket I'd understand but a squeaky pedal? Lol that's just rediculas. I had a frame fail and Kawasaki Canada didn't do **** so I had to eat 800$ and that wasn't including my time to replace it and I had owned the bike since new. Try choking that down

Nice, seems like they did the honorable thing in your case
    Yea, I was happy. I guess they weren't too busy at the time as it was at the end of October last year.

Quote Originally Posted by dricked View Post
    I had a frame fail and Kawasaki Canada didn't do **** so I had to eat 800$ and that wasn't including my time to replace it and I had owned the bike since new.
    Now THAT would be worth creating a thread about!

Original poster take note.

Wow... You are probably still POed about it.

Spray your squeaky break pedal with some lube and replace the 3$ part when you bleed the brakes next year. If it you were fighting for the base gasket I'd understand but a squeaky pedal? Lol that's just rediculas. I had a frame fail and Kawasaki Canada didn't do **** so I had to eat 800$ and that wasn't including my time to replace it and I had owned the bike since new. Try choking that down
    Regards,
    Rodney Reynolds

04 VFR800 (Current)
    06 Kawasaki 650R
    06 Yamaha TW200
    83 Honda 100cc

Well I'm not buying another kawi let's just put it that way.

I certainly can understand why. And to think, if Kawasaki did the honorable thing in this case they probably would have keep you as a customer, go figure

Well I'm not buying another kawi let's just put it that way.
    Regards,
    Rodney Reynolds

04 VFR800 (Current)
    06 Kawasaki 650R
    06 Yamaha TW200
    83 Honda 100cc

I see misunderstandings on warranty coverage all the time. salesman says something slightly misleading and the customer has an impression of coverage that isn't correct. much like open gambit's experience above.

hopefully mmmmnaked doesn't work in customer service, with that attitude he would drive away more customers than he retains

if the brake is squeaking (not the pedal) then you probably need a new brake shoe. this would be a consumable part. it's not too hard to do minor maintenance such as brakes and oil changes your self, get yourself a stand and a manual and if you don't have some tools pick up a basic set from CT when they go on sale.
    x