Forks of the credit road to Guelph question.

Thread: Forks of the credit road to Guelph question.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Forks of the credit road to Guelph question.

Just wondering,

I remember at the beginning of the summer , I wanted to ride through there all the way to Guelph but there were signs saying road closed etc. and OPP blocking off part of it so I had to turn back.

Does anyone know if this road is now open?

Thanks.

Re: Forks of the credit road to Guelph question.

The Forks of The Credit road is open with fresh new pavement, if thats the road your talking about.
    "Anyone can open the throttle and go fast, but it takes real skill to bank a motorcycle around a corner so that you feel like if you get any lower, you might **** your pants."

Quote Originally Posted by Giti View Post
    I hate cars that provoke bikers to speed or race. The outcome is always the same. We win.
    1997 Suzuki GSX-R 600
    1995 Honda XR650L
    1993 Suzuki RMX250R
    1994 Suzuki Katana GSX 600 - SOLD

Thanks Mavelick

Yea Forks is open. Was there on Sat. Road is in good shape. Newly paved sections and not much gravel.

Right now, there are 4 spots where you will see pairs of strips across the road connected to traffic monitoring instruments.

Just so y'all know ... Caledon is doing a traffic study on that road in order to establish whether traffic-calming speed bumps are warranted.

So, unless you would like speed bumps to be installed on that road ... go over those strips within the 50 km/h speed limit.

They will probably go away after a few days, whenever their survey period is complete (probably a week).

They're all on straightaways and you can see them well before getting to them. Most likely, they're in the proposed locations of the speed bumps.

Do they measure speed or just traffic volume?
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Right now, there are 4 spots where you will see pairs of strips across the road connected to traffic monitoring instruments.

Just so y'all know ... Caledon is doing a traffic study on that road in order to establish whether traffic-calming speed bumps are warranted.

So, unless you would like speed bumps to be installed on that road ... go over those strips within the 50 km/h speed limit.

They will probably go away after a few days, whenever their survey period is complete (probably a week).

They're all on straightaways and you can see them well before getting to them. Most likely, they're in the proposed locations of the speed bumps.

I just came back from the Forks of the Credit River Road. I noticed the rubber strips crossing the road at two different locations. These strips are attached to devices that monitor traffic volumes. The reason they are at two different locations is that they are most likely counting the traffic in either direction. They are not used to measure speed. If they were they would have to be laid out with exact level of accuracy to determine the distance beween them and the road alignment would have to be straight. Having said that it doesn't mean the Municipality is only measuring traffic volumes. They may also be doing a speed study. In which case they will use radar type devices to determine 85% , operating speeds etc....

Thanks, I'll have a look.
    Keep your head on a swivel!!