Husband and wife bikers - Page 2

View Poll Results: Husband and wife team?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep, we're married and both ride

52 55.91%
  • Nope, single for now

19 20.43%
  • Other (Pleas specify)

22 23.66%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Husband and wife bikers

Re: Husband and wife bikers

Yep I've got a cbr 125 and the wife has a '11 busa.

Wife doesn`t want to sit by me when I drive .Never mind riding with me. LOL .

08 VRSCDXA
    99 VFR800
    90 GSXR1100
    88 600 Katana
    84 VF500F
    84 Yamaha XS 400
    84 Suzuki GS400

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy **** ....what a ride!'

Yep.

Him- 2007 R1
    Me- 2009 Buell 1125R

It's nice riding with someone who you can really trust to have your back and not do any stupid ***** (unless you do it together)

Interesting. My wife and I have been 2upping for years. While dating back in 1983, I knew I was in trouble when she went out and bought her first helment and leathers. It is nice to have your partner with you to enjoy the rides and share the good times.

Anyone want to start a "couples ride"?
    ......"Nowhere is one as free as on the road with no destination in mind"

2007 Vulcan 1500 FI - Still Thrillin'
    2003 Honda Shadow Ace (sold)
    1979 Yamaha 650 Special (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by micco View Post
    My Fiancee' and I, been together for 11 years, both ride. The best thing about it, is that when the baby comes, she wont let me get rid of the bike!
    Mine rode all season, first born in January. I swear my daughter's wild side is from all the miles on the bike.

With the second it has been harder to get out (seeing as we need care for the first) but we still made Friday the 13th and have a trip planned for Sept (number 2 due in late November)

I ride a 99 GSXR 600 and she rides a 02 GSXR 600. We aren't married yet but it sure feels like it. Live together, have a kid (a black lab ) ride together and play Call of Duty.
    AcT
    99 GSXR 600
    -----------------------------------
    00 Grand Prix GTP Daytona Edition
    91 Jimmy w/built SBC350
    91 Camaro RS (project car
    )

Another bike couple here.

My fiancé rides a Honda VFR 800 and I ride a Ducati Monster 696.

I wouldn't have it any other way, as I like to say at least for myself, 'a couple who rides together stays together' lol.
    " Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul "

I don't have a wife but I do have a partner.

We both ride though right now he is bikeless. His passion is 600 cc sport bikes while mine is more sport touring; never stopped us from hitting the road. Both of us have been cross country a couple of times.

Our goal is to have another bike for him within a few months so we can hit the road again. Maybe drive to Hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by johnnie_c View Post
    I'm jealous. Im right now wanting to sell the bike and car for an 11 sti.The wing is back, baby!Anyways I ride a '10 Gixxer 6 and fiancé rides my old '10 ninja 250r
    DON'T DO IT!! The STI is fast, but no where as fun as the bike!

As soon as my wife gets her M2 I might try andq organize something. Not sure it will be this year though as she new to all this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBreez View Post
    Interesting. My wife and I have been 2upping for years. While dating back in 1983, I knew I was in trouble when she went out and bought her first helment and leathers. It is nice to have your partner with you to enjoy the rides and share the good times.Anyone want to start a "couples ride"?
    Regards,
    Rodney Reynolds

Motorcycle Group: CLICK HERE | My Distractions: CLICK HERE | I Saw You: CLICK HERE

04 VFR800 (Current)
    11 CBR250R (Current - Wife's)
    06 Kawasaki 650R
    06 Yamaha TW200
    83 Honda 100cc

Somewhere between Eden Mills/Guelph, Ontario and Toronto.

I'm not married but I've been with my gf for about 5 yrs now. I ride, she doesn't. She doesn't even have a G1. She also doesn't think I have enough experience to get on the back. Even if I did, she falls asleep on motorcycles (and I'm talking supersports) and gets bored. I ride with my friends' girlfriends instead. They enjoy it more.
    2009 Candy Plasma Blue Ninja 650R (has a cup holder)|Mods: Passenger foot peg flip up cup holder; ER6N grab bars; Grab bar sliders; Woodcraft swingarm spools; '09 fairing vibe fix; Thick weather stripping under seat; SportBars; Ninja650Shop.com no-cut sliders.|Upcoming: Fork sliders; Extended swingarm spools; Bar-end mirrors; HIDs with projectors.
    1987 Red Porsche 944 N/A (no cup holder)|Stock.
    1997 Black SAAB 900 SE 2.0 Turbo (1 cup holder)|Stock.

Heh, bunch of couples out there that ride. I'm on a Tuono while the wife rides a Monster 695.

Not married.

We both ride, although rarely on the street anymore. Hit the track more than anything.

My gf has 2 bikes! She's been to the gap with me the last 2 years also. Shes the first m/c rider I've dated and if we ever break up the next one will be a rider or be learning. I can't go back to a non-riding relationship.
    GTAM- your #1 stop for internet tough guys

Quote Originally Posted by Graves View Post
    I can't go back to a non-riding relationship.
    I agree. Non-riding relationships are bad.

I have a F4i and the wife is considering getting a CBR 125. I'm also considering selling my bike.

The two are not related.

Quote Originally Posted by derek03 View Post
    Yep I've got a cbr 125 and the wife has a '11 busa.
    O_____________O

Your wife >>> you.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnie_c View Post
    I'm jealous. Im right now wanting to sell the bike and car for an 11 sti.The wing is back, baby!Anyways I ride a '10 Gixxer 6 and fiancé rides my old '10 ninja 250r
    Funny, I got a 2011 STI in February and the car has been setting in the driveway for most of the summer. I will take the bike every chance I get. I guess I enjoy bikes more than cars

On the subject of bikes, I got my license 7 years ago and my wife a year later. We try to go for rides together once or twice a week. Always fun.
    Last edited by veteq; 08-26-2011 at 03:19 AM.

Engaged... and my Fiancee 2-ups with me.

In time, my fiancee would really like to get her M2, and then a bike. Unfortunately, my Bandit 600 is a bit too big and heavy for her, so I can't use this as an upgrade excuse myself... oh well.

Anyways, hoping to join the '2 people, 2 riders' club. We'll have to look into Scala headsets when that happens - for the moment, pokes in the ribs get the message across well enough.

I think it's cool that the one guy has the 125 and his wife has a Busa - that's confidence! I think it would irritate me no end if my fiancee were faster.

I have an '07 Road Glide, she has an '06 Softail Deluxe...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9jul11.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	26146
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights