How to adjust zx636 clutch cable?

Thread: How to adjust zx636 clutch cable?

Post How to adjust zx636 clutch cable?

Hello:

My bike is lacking torque everytime I rev it on the road no matter which gear I am in. I was wondering if this is due to lose clutch cable? Because I noticed when I shift gear the clutch is only pulled lightly not all the way inward.

If anyone know where I can find info on clutch cable adjustment, please let me know.

Thank you!

Re: How to adjust zx636 clutch cable?

does the engine RPM increase without moving the bike forward?

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    does the engine RPM increase without moving the bike forward?
    precisely, yes! its my lose clutch cable's problem, isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by kickstartt View Post
    precisely, yes! its my lose clutch cable's problem, isnt it?
    Nope that would be a too tight problem, if you dont have any clutch free play at the lever...If you have free play and this is happening then your clutch is toast, you need new plates
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 08-23-2011 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Nope that would be a too tight problem, if you dont have any clutch free play at the lever...If you have free play and this is happening then your clutch is toast, you need new plates
    but how do i adjust the cable on the 636? do i have to lift up the gas tank or anything?

i dont ride hard and I have only started doing wheelies for maybe a few times, so my plates should be ok, right?
    Last edited by kickstartt; 08-23-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kickstartt View Post
    but how do i adjust the cable on the 636? do i have to lift up the gas tank or anything?
    You have 2 places to adjust, the basic adjustments are made right at the lever. The big round dial, turn it in (right) and your adding freeplay, turn it out (left) and your taking it away...If there isnt enough room for adjustment there, you can adjust it by the clutch cover on the opposite end of the cable...There will be 2 nuts locking it into position on the bracket

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    You have 2 places to adjust, the basic adjustments are made right at the lever. The big round dial, turn it in (right) and your adding freeplay, turn it out (left) and your taking it away...If there isnt enough room for adjustment there, you can adjust it by the clutch cover on the opposite end of the cable...There will be 2 nuts locking it into position on the bracket
    alright thx man, i will check it out later