Hi everybody,

Another noob question here. I recently got my M2. I know the season is almost over but there’s still two months left (September and October). Initially, I was thinking of buying a bike right now because
  1. I might be able to find something cheaper as the end of season is near. I’m thinking cbr 250 or ninja 250. The trouble I’m having is buying new or used. I don’t wanna drop 6K on a new bike, but if a used one is costing me $4500…. I might as well buy new. But with only two months left, I don’t wanna buy in a rush either.
  2. My biggest concern is Insurance. I’d rather start building my insurance history right away so that in two to three years time, when I wanna switch over to 600 CC +, my insurance cost will be down. However, if I wait till next April, I’m putting this off for another 8 months. I don’t wanna do that. I was thinking of asking a friend or someone to add me to their insurance policy as an occasional driver. If they incur any additional cost of adding me, I’ll pay them for it. What I’m wondering about is that if this be counted towards those 2-3 years of insurance history or do I have to have insurance on “my own bike” to get a discount after three years? I’m wondering if anyone else has done it like that in the past.
Before going in either direction, I just thought I’ll ask all the experienced riders here. What would you suggest?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mr. ActionTime