4 stupid tickets at once - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4 stupid tickets at once

Re: 4 stupid tickets at once

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    I got pulled over there once.. If I was to believe the constable's claim of the pacing distance, he would have seen my red (at the time) supersport motorcycle passed by several large cargo vehicles (including a couple of cube vans and a bread truck). He still chose to ticket me for speeding. If that ain't profiling, I don't know what is
    Actually, that's cherry picking. Profiling is when they do a 'random' stop for insurance and attitude checks but throughout the day it seems their 'random' seems to be all red or yellow sporty machines.

I'm trying to imagine what that trial would be like though, sounds amusing.

On topic, it's likely to get some or all of the tickets thrown out by fixing the issues and documenting it properly. If, however, 407 Corp decides to present photos of you entering their highway over the last few months, perhaps with your hand over the plate, it could get stickier. (No, I don't know if they actually do that, I've just heard stories.)
    --
    Killing you and giving you good advice aren't mutually exclusive.

So your point is that you are being profiled because you are riding around with a violation clearly visible for all too see?
    He was camping on an on ramp. I was riding on the left lane of the highway. From where he was there was no way he saw anything wrong with my bike. He just saw a yellow bike go by and he went after it. I pulled over cuz I wasn't speeding or doing wheelies or anything. Tell me that's not profiling?

It would've been different if he pulled up behind me at a light and pulled me over. From a close distance he could say he pulled me over cuz he couldn't see my plate.

I like how you think that pulling you over for having a plate that you admitted was hidden amounts to a lack of common sense or education by the cop.
    What kind of education do cops have? 3 months training in Kingston police college. Now it's harder to get recruited if you have police foundations finished because in police foundations they might've taught you something good. In peel it doesn't matter if you have a degree in criminology. You have to be a basic stupid pig for 5 years before you can move up to detective or anything better. The police force doesn't want educated people working for them. They want dumb, un-educated, a-holes who will issue tickets to people and generate revenue.

What does the hta say about having plates mounted. It doesn't say the plate has to be mounted in a stock position on a bike at 90 degrees. It simply states that the plate has to be plainly visible and unobstructed. It is not illegal for the plate on a bike to be mounted under the tail of the bike if does not affect it's visibility. However, I heard many stories of how a-hole cops gave people tickets because they tell them the plate has to be mounted all the way at the back of the bike. And people that dont know just pay up.

Is that right? And does that sound like the officer is upholding the law? No! He's being a fkn ****** and generating revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Brix1487 View Post
    He was camping on an on ramp. I was riding on the left lane of the highway. From where he was there was no way he saw anything wrong with my bike. He just saw a yellow bike go by and he went after it. I pulled over cuz I wasn't speeding or doing wheelies or anything. Tell me that's not profiling?
    You were in the left lane and NOT speeding? Seems he was profiling you because cars in the left lane sped on a regular basis.
    2004 Suzuki DRZ400
    1986 Honda Shadow 750 - Sold

What kind of education do cops have? 3 months training in Kingston police college. Now it's harder to get recruited if you have police foundations finished because in police foundations they might've taught you something good. In peel it doesn't matter if you have a degree in criminology. You have to be a basic stupid pig for 5 years before you can move up to detective or anything better. The police force doesn't want educated people working for them. They want dumb, un-educated, a-holes who will issue tickets to people and generate revenue.

What does the hta say about having plates mounted. It doesn't say the plate has to be mounted in a stock position on a bike at 90 degrees. It simply states that the plate has to be plainly visible and unobstructed. It is not illegal for the plate on a bike to be mounted under the tail of the bike if does not affect it's visibility. However, I heard many stories of how a-hole cops gave people tickets because they tell them the plate has to be mounted all the way at the back of the bike. And people that dont know just pay up.

Is that right? And does that sound like the officer is upholding the law? No! He's being a fkn ****** and generating revenue.
    Except that it seems obvious, that you had mounted that plate in such a way as to deny a company to generate legal revenue. It's the law. Now you have to try and find a way out of it.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

This sounds a little like the post from the guy who had 8 beers in 8 hours with his M1 and then complained that he was profiled because he was a biker.

He thought that since you clear 1 beer each hour on average that he could drink, and still ride on a M1.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Except that it seems obvious, that you had mounted that plate in such a way as to deny a company to generate legal revenue. It's the law. Now you have to try and find a way out of it.
    Your statement is true. I am guilty and I do have to find a way out of it. That doesn't mean my bright blue and yellow sportbike wasn't profiled. It also doesn't make my argument about cops being un-educated a-holes invalid.

Your statement is true. I am guilty and I do have to find a way out of it. That doesn't mean my bright blue and yellow sportbike wasn't profiled. It also doesn't make my argument about cops being un-educated a-holes invalid.
    Actually it does invalidate your comment about being profiled because, as I said, you were obviously breaking the law (being able to be photographed by the 407 ETR toll system) with the placement of your plate. The other vehicles around you were not.

As to your statement about police officers that's opinion, not fact. I suggest that you take further such comments to another thread: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...e-Bad-The-Ugly.....

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

You are so smart and educated that you got busted for a bunch of offences that you admit you are guilty of...

He gave you tickets, you admit you are guilty. I call that him doing his job. Bravo.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

From a few discussions during a friendly card game and beers, cops do enjoy writing tickets to vehicle operators that may have recently been stopped. Sometimes, it's just the operator's attitude as well. Not saying some cops can't be ******** either.

Quote Originally Posted by imnothng View Post
    You were in the left lane and NOT speeding? Seems he was profiling you because cars in the left lane sped on a regular basis.
    Left lane and not speeding? Perhaps the cop followed to see if he was obstructing the flow of traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    You are so smart and educated that you got busted for a bunch of offences that you admit you are guilty of...

He gave you tickets, you admit you are guilty. I call that him doing his job. Bravo.
    Nice catch?
    VN9008CF - Candy Lime Green.

while i have no love for the 407 owners, you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar and now you're bitching that you got caught. If you want to legitimately get away with not paying 407 fines you have to have a bike that the plate is not visible from the 407 cameras in stock form, like the goldwing. you've self admittedly modified your bike to not get charged the fees and you got caught hiding your plate... you call the cop stupid but he was smart enough to catch you.

personally i'd hire someone like redline, they're more likely to get a win than you are.
    x

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    ...you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar and now you're bitching that you got caught.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

This is a perfect example of what people mean when they talk about the entitlement menality, folks who don't take responsibility for their actions, blaming others for their mistakes. Grow the F up.

your moaning about being profiled, but your profiling right here. its like me saying all bikers are criminals because of groups like the hells angels which clearly is not true.
    nothing you say above is right. before you go whining about police do your homework. there is no kingston police college

you are right that it is hard to get recruited by police with police foundations... thats because the majority of applicants have university degrees!!!

how is it profiling that an officer clearly saw you with an obstructed place and went after you because of it. id say thats your fault and nobody else.

He was camping on an on ramp. I was riding on the left lane of the highway. From where he was there was no way he saw anything wrong with my bike. He just saw a yellow bike go by and he went after it.
    read at least some of the posts before posting a damn reply.

I was caught because I was profiled and I am bitter.

I'd like to think his job should be focused more on catching killers, drugdealers, and thieves. But why would he want to do that when pulling over a driver is so much easier. People like you is why our liberties are being eaten away and stupid laws implemented. (I'm talking about the law that cops can pull you over for no reason just because they feel like it.) How soon before there's a fine for not carrying identification while walking down the street. Sounds like nazi germany to me.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little security deserve neither."

I'd like to think his job should be focused more on catching killers, drugdealers, and thieves. But why would he want to do that when pulling over a driver is so much easier. People like you is why our liberties are being eaten away and stupid laws implemented. (I'm talking about the law that cops can pull you over for no reason just because they feel like it.) How soon before there's a fine for not carrying identification while walking down the street. Sounds like nazi germany to me.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little security deserve neither."
    Ok, Now i see where your coming from. It must have been the cops lucky day to catch such a sharp criminal mind as yours.
    VN9008CF - Candy Lime Green.

read at least some of the posts before posting a damn reply.

I was caught because I was profiled and I am bitter.

well technically by avoiding payment of the 407 you are a thief, though I consider it more unlawful trespass because you're not actually taking something.

our civil liberties are not eaten away by a cop paid to sit at the side of the road to watch for people trying to sneak in for free.. as per a previous post, the OPP are paid by the 407 to watch for people doing what you did.

our civil liberties do not provide for us to go where ever we want and do what ever we want. I am the first person to complain about dirty cops and our liberties being encroached, unfortunately for you this is neither.
    x

I'd like to think his job should be focused more on catching killers, drugdealers, and thieves.
    News flash; you are a theif.

But even so, I'd like to think that all those other pesky laws like failing to yield, or causing a disturbance, or littering, or unjust search and seizure, or tax evasion, or rape, or returning your library books, etc... etc... all serve to make this society much more liveable than it would otherwise be.
    There is no planet B.

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

From the sounds of it you were deliberately doing something wrong.
    Instead of manning up and making it right, you tried to hide it.
    When you were caught at it, instead of manning up and making it right, you tried to blame the police.

And that's not to say that any other of us hasn't done the same. No one can claim any superiourity. We've all been in the same boat as you.

What are you going to do now? It's your choice.
    Last edited by Baggsy; 08-21-2011 at 05:12 PM.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Yeeeaaaaah, this one is going nowhere good, fast. Closed.