TMP August 25th (Thursday) - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TMP August 25th (Thursday)

Re: TMP August 25th (Thursday)

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyEh View Post
    Good to hear you had a good time, hows the classic running?
    Great! some trouble with front end chatter again hard on the brakes but Mark added some air to the front and that fixed it, so for the final two sessions I could actually ride the bike hard (for me) and it was a blast. I could probably benefit from a steering damper at this point (especially for the quick transition between 3 and 4, and also exiting 6), and in fact I have one on order. Definitely finding better lines and going that little bit faster each time out. Great fun. Just took the insurance off the bike - I am done with the street!
    It's never too late for a happy childhood...

Quote Originally Posted by db ninja View Post
    I love the growel of that vtwin running down the straight.
    Except when I bounce it off the rev limiter in third for 50 yards.....

Yellowduck, what are you riding? Are you riding what I think you are...?! See my avatar...

Quote Originally Posted by kamenrider View Post
    Yellowduck, what are you riding? Are you riding what I think you are...?! See my avatar...
    He is.

More pics/videos coming soon!
    Last edited by Panici; 08-27-2011 at 02:34 PM.
    Mods: Armor Bodies Superbike bodywork, BT-003 RS, Renthal 50mm Clipons, Bickle warmers, etc, etc...Gear: ATGATT down to the mouthguard.A few vintage Yamaha bikes.http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/a...ksigDay4T2.jpg

Funny story with that too, he (Hugh? if I remember correctly) commented on one of my track day youtube videos when I caught him on camera after he layed the sport classic down in turn 9. I sent a message back asking if he went by the alias of "kamenrider" on GTAM and turns out it was just a major coincidence. As I knew you did track days too.

Funny story with that too, he (Hugh? if I remember correctly) commented on one of my track day youtube videos when I caught him on camera after he layed the sport classic down in turn 9. I sent a message back asking if he went by the alias of "kamenrider" on GTAM and turns out it was just a major coincidence. As I knew you did track days too.
    ...which is how I found this place. Nice forum!

Love those Zards KR.
    Last edited by YellowDuck; 08-26-2011 at 05:56 PM.

Ah, I remember...I was there. When he went down with his Yellowduck, I wend down with my Redduck... someone was shooting us down that day...lol

Quote Originally Posted by YellowDuck View Post
    ...which is how I found this place. Nice forum! Love those Zards KR.
    My insurance is expired now as well... I might take her out and ride with you next time! I got heavier race springs in my folks as they were too soft... it would be ideal to replace folks with Ohlins(from Paul Smart) or change all front end to make it more trackable...

My day went pretty well. Took me a while to get upto pace, what with the CBR125s crashing left and right, and the puddles in the exit of corner 1 for the first few sessions. I was also sore the entire day, after straining my back earlier this week.

Moved upto intermediate after lunch, and got a solid session in before the rain came. Missed some time there, but stuck around and ran my quickest of the day after the track dried up again.

Had some fun with Hugh (YellowDuck) as he moved up to inter with me. Showed me a few spots where I was taking it way too slow.

Even though I did 1/3 less miles then a normal TD for me, I still had fun. Thanks to the Fawaz and the Racer5 guys for another enjoyable day.

Some more pictures:

My sister took pictures of various bikes in all three groups. Post up a pic of your bike and i'll check if I have any photos.

I've still got some video to edit together.
    Last edited by Panici; 08-27-2011 at 02:15 AM.
    Mods: Armor Bodies Superbike bodywork, BT-003 RS, Renthal 50mm Clipons, Bickle warmers, etc, etc...Gear: ATGATT down to the mouthguard.A few vintage Yamaha bikes.http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/a...ksigDay4T2.jpg

I might take her out and ride with you next time!
    Oh hell yes, that would be awesome! Folks on the pit wall can vote on whether the 2-2 Zards or the 2-1 Arrow is the raunchiest exhaust. I'll be there September 8.

FWIW, I am running Traxxion AK-20 cartridges with a 0.925 spring rate, and also Brembo wheels. Seems to work okay at my glacial pace, but the cartridges were pricey! Rear is a Penske but if you haven't changed yours out yet that might not need to be a priority - the difference is fairly subtle and IMHO the OEM Sachs is not a bad unit at all. Undersprung for me though - it's 183 lb / inch stock and I ended up with 225 on the Penske.

Quote Originally Posted by Panici View Post
    Had some fun with Hugh (YellowDuck) as he moved up to inter with me. Showed me a few spots where a middle aged fat guy on an air cooled two-valver could pull away, indicating that I needed to re-evaluate my approach!
    There Kelvyn, I fixed it for you.

Seriously, it was great fun pitting with you guys, and thanks for posting the photos!

Wow, you upgraded quite a bit! Mine is all stock wheels and stock shock, just stiffer springs to support my heavy weight.... I think all Italians are under 150lbs........I am over 200lbs with all gears. She is not meant for track riding at all... But, Yes, let's see who has louder twin...lol. I will book Sept 8. See you at TMP!

So after all that drama on the forum... I got called into work this week so I couldn't go. LOL!

Looks like a great time was had, and those are some sweet pics!

More pics!

It was unanimous Fawas, myself and the Brantford crew had one of the best days of the season Thursday, thanks for that extra sweep up in turn 4, that could have been bad. Everyone ran fast and no one went down, and as a bonus we ironed out an injector problem with one of the R6's that had been going on since last season. As always a great day from Racer5, hope we can still get out for another one yet, but my MR12 barrel is empty right now so we will see. Thanks Fawaz!!
    Street 05 GSXR 1000/ Track 00 R6

If you don't venture beyond the things you have already mastered, you have stopped moving forward

Definitely a nice day, I enjoyed there being far less people on track at once compared to the weekend TDs i've been to. The rain didn't stick around for long and the track dried fairly quickly, almost didn't cause any missed time for the Intermediate group. I've uploaded some videos of myself and my buddy who were both in Intermediate, I was on the white/black ZX-6R and my buddy was on the blue/yellow R6. That Ducati sounds amazing!!!

Last edited by Stealth1; 08-27-2011 at 11:12 PM.
    For all your Paint, Repair and Plastic Welding - Cheekeebandito http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/member.php?u=182

Quote Originally Posted by YellowDuck View Post
    Seriously, it was great fun pitting with you guys, and thanks for posting the photos!
    Likewise, hopefully we'll bump into each other at another TD.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth1 View Post
    I was on the white/black ZX-6R
    Are you one of these two?

...my buddy was on the blue/yellow R6.
    Was that the one that says GO GO GO!!!!!!!!! on the side? I didn't get a chance to come over and see it close up, but looks like a clean bike!
    Is he on here?

Quote Originally Posted by suz1k3 View Post
    More pics!
    Since you asked

Yup, i'm the one in front...thanks for the pic! The one behind I believe was a 2005 ZX-10R.

Yup it's the one that says GO GO GO!!! Stop by next time and check out the bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Panici View Post
    Are you one of these two?

Was that the one that says GO GO GO!!!!!!!!! on the side? I didn't get a chance to come over and see it close up, but looks like a clean bike!
    Is he on here?
    For all your Paint, Repair and Plastic Welding - Cheekeebandito http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/member.php?u=182

Any photos of the green zx6r, #181?

Yup, i'm the one in front...thanks for the pic! The one behind I believe was a 2005 ZX-10R.
    Here's some more pics of you, and a few of the R6.

I've got a few more of the R6 if your buddy wants them.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboy View Post
    Any photos of the green zx6r, #181?
    I looked through all the photos again, and I only have one shot of you. Better then nothing I suppose!

Do you have any pictures of the blue/white gsxr with red "R" and wheeltape?