TMP August 25th (Thursday) - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TMP August 25th (Thursday)

Re: TMP August 25th (Thursday)

Phew! Thanks for clearing that up Racer5 Hope you have a good time at the Nationals!
    *~Maggie~*

Dealer/Vendor

Sorry for the typos, had to reply off of my phone.Fawaz

Quote Originally Posted by stormcat View Post
    Everyone I've met at the track has been wonderful, given great advice, and been genuinely helpful.
    Exactly. Which is why online tiffs like this are so very strange...we are the same people when we are at our keyboards, no?
    It's never too late for a happy childhood...

Never been allowed anything but water or water wetter since starting doing Racer5 last year. Racer5 runs some of the best track days out there and I have and will continue to use them only.
    With TAFB the math always equals 16

Hmmm besides the hair pulling in this thread .. ill throw it back on topic.

Considering going , depending on weather etc. May have room for one bike if need be coming across the city from the east end.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

I too am going this thursday booking Monday see you out there! Say hello 03 sv1000 blue says Ian on it.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowDuck View Post
    For the record, Racer5 tech has never asked me if I had antifreeze in my bike. I don't think they ever ask the guy with the VRRA CB500 either.

Apparently you are going to need to convert it to liquid cooled, fill the rad with coolant, and not tell us at tech. Don't bring it to my attention when I make my rounds to ask how day is going, then tell me on an Internet forum two months from now.

(just kidding guys)

*random coolant checks will be in effect at tech, please be patient with us if you are selected to get a random coolant check at tech.

Have a great week.... And let's all have a great time this Thursday.
    Last edited by Fawaz; 08-22-2011 at 11:29 AM.

Fawaz, why not just glance at the overflow/reserve bottle during tech? I assumed that's what Turn2 did. You'd be able to tell quickly if the contents are green, pinkish or clear...

Quote Originally Posted by stormcat View Post
    Fawaz, why not just glance at the overflow/reserve bottle during tech? I assumed that's what Turn2 did. You'd be able to tell quickly if the contents are green, pinkish or clear...
    We already do this if the overflow is easily visible, in many cases the overflow is not easily visible.
    No organization in this country (trackday provider or race body) does coolant checks, but as this has been brought to my attention that this may be happening. I will be proactive and start enforcing this.

Don't worry I promise that this will not take away from the fun atmosphere of Racer5 days.

DOCC(Ducati Club) tech checks rad liquid every single bike including Air cooled one....lol... Pain in the neck but necessary. If any rider do not come in time, he/she just needs to skip their first session or two until completing tech inspectin. DOCC does not have a trackday event every week like Racer5 or Turn2, so they need to see every bike to make sure. In case of regular bikes at Racer5 or Turn2, I do not see any needs for recheck rad water during the same season though.

Anybody planning to attend the Turn 2 - evening track day this Thursday ?

Let's keep our cool here folks. Different strokes for different folks. I've created another thread called Red Dawn discussion and moved posts from here to there. Let people read and make their own decisions.

Let's keep this thread about the Racer5 trackday this Thursday.

Thanks
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

I'm officially booked. See you guys out there!

Come say hello, bike says PANICI right on the front.

Mods: Armor Bodies Superbike bodywork, BT-003 RS, Renthal 50mm Clipons, Bickle warmers, etc, etc...Gear: ATGATT down to the mouthguard.A few vintage Yamaha bikes.http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/a...ksigDay4T2.jpg

See you there Kelvyn. Hard to believe at the moment, but weather forcast says 25C and mostly sunny. Strongish winds though - 20 km/h. If it's blowing like that I will need help setting up my canopy - going alone this time.

Remeber guys try and use proper tie downs to secure your canopies.

What you use to strap your bike down is fine secured on all 4 corners.
    Don't use the little bungee rope that walmart canopies come with and make sure its attached to a substantial weight, especially if we are anticipating winds.
    Cayuga is the windiest track I have ever been to and if there is a chance of a canopy getting picked up it probably will, and end up knocking over someones bike, scratching their truck, etc.

Yellow Duck, if you are in a bind putting up your canopy please come and see me, I will come and help you or you can just use one of ours.

See you guys Thursday!

Booked and will see you all there! Myself and my buddy my bikes says Ian right on it and trust me you can't miss my trailer! Come about and support Racer5 and great guy Fawaz!

My wife and I are in..... come say hi

gsxr for me
    zx6 for the wife

gsxr track ready
    zx6 all taped up and water wetter installed (as of this morning)
    kickstand wired up
    mirrors removed

Last edited by TheDutchDream; 08-24-2011 at 01:33 PM.

[/QUOTE]

That GSXR looked just great on the track and in the pits! Beautiful bike.

Not a bad day I thought, despite the rain. Thanks to Fawaz and Mark and all the marshals who made the day a success, and also to the nice folks in the yellow group who passed me politely. I moved up from green because that group was too slow and too crashy yesterday, and they were really enforcing the passing zone rules even for the CBR125s. Stuck behind the Racer 5 class in the infield I felt like we were all in golf carts heading out from the clubhouse for a scramble T-off.

Hope I wasn't too much of a pylon in intermediate - it sure was a lot more fun!

Good to hear you had a good time, hows the classic running? I was hesitant to bump up to Intermediate as it scared me a bit before I had rode in it, didn't want to hold anyone up. But it did make the whole experience more enjoyable even if I was a pylon to some, I never found myself closing dangerously fast on anyone.

thanks yellowduck

I love the growel of that vtwin running down the straight.

thanks for racers5, very well run, in my opinon
    it was a very pleasent and positive experiance for the first time out for me.
    hope to do more track days in the future