Was wondering why there was no mention of a Starboyz show at Indy this year...

Thread: Was wondering why there was no mention of a Starboyz show at Indy this year...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Was wondering why there was no mention of a Starboyz show at Indy this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Article suggests that the police did not handle the evidence properly and the case ended up in a situation where the prosecution would not be able to prove their case. No choice but to drop the charges. It means (legally) it will never be known whether they were in possession of stolen property or not.
    if a police task force specifically setup to handle stolen bikes couldn't make the charges even stick clearly they are BS.

Re: Was wondering why there was no mention of a Starboyz show at Indy this year...

Quote Originally Posted by cjones View Post
    if a police task force specifically setup to handle stolen bikes couldn't make the charges even stick clearly they are BS.
    good point.
    Born 2 Ride

Last edited by wagmar; 04-17-2012 at 12:39 PM.
    Born 2 Ride

How about just not deal with stolen bikes and parts and not put yourself in that position - then there is nothing to worry about.

Or are you saying that you DO have something to hide in this particular regard ...

Observation from an outsider looking in ... the stunting community has a bad reputation for dealing with stolen bikes and parts. You can either contribute to that reputation and therefore justify it ... or you can prove to the rest of the world that the bad reputation is wrong, by not dealing with stolen bikes and parts and PROVING that you are not.

See this is what ppl from the outside like yourself dont get about stunting.

When you are a stunter and you are blowing through motors, frames, tripples, swing arms, tires. Sometimes you dont have a choice of where the parts are coming from. We push ourself's and our bikes to the limit everytime we step onto the pegs. When you are a true passionate rider and you break parts all you want is to be riding asap once again so you get what you can get pal. I bet 75% of you track boys are running hot parts on your bikes and have no idea, but because you get your own closed course nobody checks, but because we ride in empty parking lots we are labeled reckless or hooligans and get inspected.

Just sayin...
    Last edited by wagmar; 04-16-2012 at 10:23 PM.
    Born 2 Ride

also, how do you know what is stolen and what is not stolen sold on these websites? can you run numbers on the parts i have for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by wagmar View Post
    I bet 75% of you track boys are running hot parts on your bikes and have no idea, but because you get your own closed course nobody checks, but because we ride in empty parking lots we are labeled reckless or hooligans and get inspected.

Just sayin...
    0% "hot" parts on my track bike. 0% in my spare parts collection. How about you ...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    0% "hot" parts on my track bike. 0% in my spare parts collection. How about you ...
    I dunno BP....my rearsets and top tripple I bought off kijiji dont have vins on them...do you have some type of speacial nark tool to check them for me? Come tell me
    Born 2 Ride

Thumbs up Re: Was wondering why there was no mention of a Starboyz show at Indy this year...

ohhh....just sayin....
    lol
    Born 2 Ride

Quote Originally Posted by wagmar View Post
    When you are a stunter and you are blowing through motors, frames, tripples, swing arms, tires. Sometimes you dont have a choice of where the parts are coming from. We push ourself's and our bikes to the limit everytime we step onto the pegs. When you are a true passionate rider and you break parts all you want is to be riding asap once again so you get what you can get pal. I bet 75% of you track boys are running hot parts on your bikes and have no idea, but because you get your own closed course nobody checks, but because we ride in empty parking lots we are labeled reckless or hooligans and get inspected.
    Total cop-out. Sounds like an enabler.

Yes, people may get caught out every now and then with stolen parts, but to say "I love to ride, I love to push myself, but I am too cheap to do it the right way..." please, not good enough.

If you "get what you get", you may end up "getting what you got" and this include the deserved harassment for stolen parts.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Total cop-out. Sounds like an enabler.

Yes, people may get caught out every now and then with stolen parts, but to say "I love to ride, I love to push myself, but I am too cheap to do it the right way..." please, not good enough.

If you "get what you get", you may end up "getting what you got" and this include the deserved harassment for stolen parts.
    What kinda stunt bike do you have? post a vid or pic.
    Born 2 Ride