Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
So did they get their bikes back? If they were totally innocent then they should have the bikes back, but not having a VIN how can you prove ownership?

They did not win in court at trial, the 2nd article says the police mishandled the evidence letting them be sold without giving the defendants a chance to have them looked at by their own people...Its a technicality and IMO does not prove they didnt have stolen bikes, just that the police made a mistake and their lawyer played on it and got the charges dismissed...

And no where did I say they were guilty, I even said this way back in the start of this thread
" And there is no right or wrong, even if the charges get dropped because they are innocent, doesnt change the fact they are stupid to me for rolling around with sketchy VIN numbers....Thats my opinion, not right or wrong....Thats what this is about for me, not if they actually knew the bikes were stolen or not..One had no VIN and the other had 14 digits when they are supposed to be 17 = stupid"

That is my opinion, never said its fact.....I never said they stole the bikes themselfs, I never said they knew they were stolen...I just think for someone that has been riding for as long as them, they are stupid for even having 2 bikes with no VIN...If their laws are anything like here, having a bike with no VIN or a tampered VIN in itself is illegal, and you cannot prove you actually own it and can be taken away from you...
The article suggests they didn't get the bikes back. Maybe they're suing for reimbursement I don't know. Because they didn't get the bikes back mean guilt?
"doesn't change the fact that they are...rolling around with sketchy vin numbers" your words "fact". it's not a "fact" that they were rolling around with sketchy vins , this was never proven in a court of law. You can think whatever you want doesn't make it a fact.