REDNECK racing at Grand Bend. - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: REDNECK racing at Grand Bend.

Re: REDNECK racing at Grand Bend.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    It is equally impossible to say with 100% certainty that an asteroid won't strike the earth tomorrow, etc.
    To go along with that analogy, if there were a 0.0001% chance of the asteroid hitting the earth, and we could move it, we would.

After racing at GBM, I honestly can say it felt safe. Only some small improvements are needed, and are already in the works as Ken stated. Looking forward to next round. Good work SOAR and GBM!

No dog in this fight - I'm a dragracer and have raced at GBM since 1995 - but you'll have to go a long way to find better track mgt. than at GBM as far as treating racers well and being concerned for your safety and your having fun. BTW, a plane landing laterally above your head at the turnaround for the dragstrip is quite unique. The SWOOP guys have entertained us for years including one crash into the cornfield north of the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Agree totally ... but this past weekend forced a decision to be made between RACE, SOAR, and VRRA all on the same weekend. If you go by number of entries and number of participants, I betcha the VRRA won!
    170+ racers, many with multiple bikes. Are we the wiener? Do we get a prize? Both RACE and SOAR need to work around the VRRA Mosport date, it's not flexible, determined mainly by the track.

Grand Bend track looks fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    No dog in this fight - I'm a dragracer and have raced at GBM since 1995 - but you'll have to go a long way to find better track mgt. than at GBM as far as treating racers well and being concerned for your safety and your having fun.
    This is the key. Everything I hear about the management suggests they are very good.

For the opening of a new track it seems they've done pretty well, no more, no less. But it is only a start. The important thing is that the future is very promising for GBM because they seem to have their act together

Best video yet! The reaction from nasty bump #1 was at 0:57 and nasty bump #2 at 1:21 and the latter one is a lot worse closer to the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Motoshire747 View Post
    170+ racers, many with multiple bikes. Are we the wiener?
    On both number of entries and number of riders ... by far!

Do we get a prize?
    I'll buy you a timbit

Both RACE and SOAR need to work around the VRRA Mosport date, it's not flexible, determined mainly by the track.
    In fairness, the weekend before and after are both nationals. The VRRA Mosport date has to be a weekend adjacent to the National Mosport date to avoid duplicating the significant costs of hay-bale placement for that track (and that's why there are a bunch of track days at Mosport that are all around this same time). This is an issue that Grand Bend won't have ...

Grand Bend track looks fun...
    It is. It's not Mosport ... but it's a fun layout.

Loved Grand Bend - Did some practicing on it this past weekend. Management was there, listening to feedback/concerns anyone had. I didn't find the issues listed in this thread to be a concern, and whatever small ones will be dealt with promptly, I'm sure.
    As Ken said already, they want us there and it shows. When the track owner is out there sweeping, it's a cool thing in my opinion.
    I'm looking forward to Round 5 in September!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    Get it done as promised and do nothing but constantly improve it and still after three weeks people expect BRNO. Wow.
    Pls leave my home Brno alone ... LOL Are you referring to the Brno track which is part of the MotoGP calendar??

Track looked bumpy.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

Looked?? Did you ride or not?

Quote Originally Posted by mxs View Post
    Looked?? Did you ride or not?
    No. I'm commenting on the video.

Looked awesome, but bumpy.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

Dont ever set foot on the Shannonville track then..

this might sound funny. but what about running the track backwards?

It can be done. Just need to change the config a little as the way we ran it, would have the runoff of a higher speed section directly in line with the pits (near where the endurance pits were) IMO. If we shortened the track, and used the infield section it would be a lot safer. The track is pretty much a blank canvas right now for configurations.

Would really be nice to let the carousel have the remaining rubber from my front tire on the other side.
    http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/306/signaturelj4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by freedomfighter View Post
    this might sound funny. but what about running the track backwards?
    The first track day held in July was on the kart track in reverse. It was a good tool to work on left handers as I favor the right side.

Airplanes taking off sounds awesome to me, anybody offering skydiving? Motorcycles, sexy beaches, airplanes, skydiving, good friends... sounds like paradise. Maybe we can get one of the pilots to film some races.
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Airplanes taking off sounds awesome to me, anybody offering skydiving? Motorcycles, sexy beaches, airplanes, skydiving, good friends... sounds like paradise. Maybe we can get one of the pilots to film some races.
    Actually there were people skydiving that weekend during the races!

Redneck?

Racing?

Skydiving?

Yeup, there's a Top Gear episode for that : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1h4n...eature=related
    There is no planet B.

Rome wasn't built in a day either.

I look forward to seeing this track when its all said and done. To have a track in Grand Bend is great! Its a fun town and soon will attact some crowds to watch moto racing.