Riding heaven/riding hell North of Sharbot Lake

Thread: Riding heaven/riding hell North of Sharbot Lake

Riding heaven/riding hell North of Sharbot Lake

I took a very long route down from Ottawa to Kingston yesterday....found some good things and not so good things. First the not so good....From the 511 (road NW to Calabogie from Hopetown) I took a left on county road 16 through Poland hoping to meet up with the 509 south down to Highway 7 near Sharbot Lake. Although parts of the 16 were fine, a lot of it was basically gravel road due to construction. There was some amazing road just outside of Poland, about 10kms of it maybe, very twisty but a small amount of gravel in the corners. Then the off road part started for what seemed like miles. However, now the good part, the 509 is an amazing road through really amazing countryside and lakes (not too far from a uranium mine too). The surface is great, not much traffic at all. I think I'll try taking it through Ompah next time and north to Renfrew and on to Ottawa from there.

Re: Riding heaven/riding hell North of Sharbot Lake

The 509 was pretty rough last year when they chip'n'tarred it but it's in good shape now. Only one issue: expect stone chips.
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

Re: Riding heaven/riding hell North of Sharbot Lake

That damn surface looks just like loose stone chips in parts but it's solid......there weren't too many chips though and generally the going was very good. Great road...might head back on it today weather permitting.