how to submit evidence?

Thread: how to submit evidence?

how to submit evidence?

I'm fighting a disobey a sign ticket where the sign was blocked by a tree. I have taken pictures of the intersection and sign clearly blocked from view. I read the sticky above about how to fight tickets but the link to "how to file evidence" is dead!

I'm sure I have to file paper work or do something ahead of time and not just show up with a picture when I go to court. Anyone have the answers I need?
    Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seame View Post
    ..it does say Got beefs about the site? Don't post here!! at the top of this page. So this thread is verbotten.
    This is correct.
    All protests/beefs should be done on the Gardiner.

Re: how to submit evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by matt491 View Post
    I'm fighting a disobey a sign ticket where the sign was blocked by a tree. I have taken pictures of the intersection and sign clearly blocked from view. I read the sticky above about how to fight tickets but the link to "how to file evidence" is dead!

I'm sure I have to file paper work or do something ahead of time and not just show up with a picture when I go to court. Anyone have the answers I need?
    As far I know they don't care and you show up with the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    Just show up with it,
    You can also schedule a meeting with the prosecutor and show it to him in an effort to convince him to drop it. This is a strategic concern that I leave to you.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    Just show up with it,
    You can also schedule a meeting with the prosecutor and show it to him in an effort to convince him to drop it. This is a strategic concern that I leave to you.
    I agree, just show up with it.

Having the meeting could just end up with you wasting more time and you would 'show your cards' for the trial.

Either way you have to go to the courthouse at least once.. If they don't drop it pre trial, you have to go twice.

I would suggest that you do not have a meeting with the crown. It can go either way. He might make up some BS thing once he knows what you're going to submit as defense. Show it to him 5 minutes before the trial when he doesn't have time to scheme much. As long as you have solid defense... catch him with his pants down and walk out with a smile.

oOoO
    Last edited by OpenGambit; 08-13-2011 at 12:56 AM.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Make sure that your pictures state the date and time that they were taken, preferably embedded in the image if possible.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Make sure that your pictures state the date and time that they were taken, preferably embedded in the image if possible.
    +1 so many people forget this... and screws them in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    Better check into that as I wasn't allowed to present a picture as I hadn't submitted it as evidence beforehand.
    Andreas and frekeyguy,
    Both of you ride supersport bikes on the street, and neither of you do it very well.
    Their intended purpose was for racing, why don't you guys buy scooters, the handling ability of a vespa is still beyond anything either of you are going to need.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu View Post
    Better check into that as I wasn't allowed to present a picture as I hadn't submitted it as evidence beforehand.
    That's how I thought it worked...submit it before hand..
    Quote Originally Posted by seame View Post
    ..it does say Got beefs about the site? Don't post here!! at the top of this page. So this thread is verbotten.
    This is correct.
    All protests/beefs should be done on the Gardiner.