Britanni Rd from Guelp Line to Walkers - Gravel

Thread: Britanni Rd from Guelp Line to Walkers - Gravel

Britannia Rd from Guelp Line to Walkers - Gravel

Just drove on it yesterday in the work truck. All gravel from Guelph Line to Walkers Line. Not sure if it going to get tarred any time soon. Apparently this is the second coat of gravel they have put down so far.
    Last edited by N3WMAN; 08-12-2011 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon
    N3WMAN is my ride
    2006 ZX-6R PART OUT

Re: Britanni Rd from Guelp Line to Walkers - Gravel

Rode that last night and totally didn't expect it. You can do about 60 with very minor adjustments and get through it smoothly if u ride in the tire tracks.
    "Anyone can open the throttle and go fast, but it takes real skill to bank a motorcycle around a corner so that you feel like if you get any lower, you might **** your pants."

Quote Originally Posted by Giti View Post
    I hate cars that provoke bikers to speed or race. The outcome is always the same. We win.
    1997 Suzuki GSX-R 600
    1995 Honda XR650L
    1993 Suzuki RMX250R
    1994 Suzuki Katana GSX 600 - SOLD

They've done the same thing to Brittania East of Walkers now too. It's a mess from east of appleby right thru. As Mavelick said, you can get thru it without issue if you just take it easy and ride smoth but it took my buy surprise a little bit last night!
    2007 Yamaha R6
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R - Sold

The whole area is covered with that gravel. Brittania, Limestone..

Why do they put it down anyways?

Noticed this yesterday....ending up detouring

Quote Originally Posted by Dinh250R View Post
    The whole area is covered with that gravel. Brittania, Limestone..

Why do they put it down anyways?
    It's how they resurface roads in rural areas. Instead of paving like you'd typically see in more urban areas, they put down a tar base and then spread the gravel over it and let the traffic work it into the tar to create a solid road. It'll be a mess for a few weeks to a month and it even still there will be little patches of loose crap until spring. I wouldn't be taking corners in that area too aggressively anytime soon.
    2007 Yamaha R6
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R - Sold

Somewhere between Eden Mills/Guelph, Ontario and Toronto.

It's like this on a whole bunch of the sideroads around Guelph Line near my place. Caught one by surprise doing my 2nd 2up awhile ago. Scared the **** out of me but it was ok. They just graveled the road that goes between 2nd Line and Guelph Line in my town and it's pretty soft and sketchy. I didn't feel comfortable going over 30ish on it the other day. Took forever for the length of road considering I can usually make it to Rockwood in under 5 minutes.
    2009 Candy Plasma Blue Ninja 650R (has a cup holder)|Mods: Passenger foot peg flip up cup holder; ER6N grab bars; Grab bar sliders; Woodcraft swingarm spools; '09 fairing vibe fix; Thick weather stripping under seat; SportBars; Ninja650Shop.com no-cut sliders.|Upcoming: Fork sliders; Extended swingarm spools; Bar-end mirrors; HIDs with projectors.
    1987 Red Porsche 944 N/A (no cup holder)|Stock.
    1997 Black SAAB 900 SE 2.0 Turbo (1 cup holder)|Stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasted View Post
    It's how they resurface roads in rural areas. Instead of paving like you'd typically see in more urban areas, they put down a tar base and then spread the gravel over it and let the traffic work it into the tar to create a solid road. It'll be a mess for a few weeks to a month and it even still there will be little patches of loose crap until spring. I wouldn't be taking corners in that area too aggressively anytime soon.
    Except they do it on perfect condition roads and turn them into **** all around my place for months. It's ****ing retarded. They do the same roads like every two years but leave the ones in town to turn to ****.
    2009 Candy Plasma Blue Ninja 650R (has a cup holder)|Mods: Passenger foot peg flip up cup holder; ER6N grab bars; Grab bar sliders; Woodcraft swingarm spools; '09 fairing vibe fix; Thick weather stripping under seat; SportBars; Ninja650Shop.com no-cut sliders.|Upcoming: Fork sliders; Extended swingarm spools; Bar-end mirrors; HIDs with projectors.

My folks live out in your neck of the woods and it's like that every summer. The worst part is you can leave in the morning and everything is fine and by the time you come back in the afternoon it's all gravel.
    2007 Yamaha R6
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Wasted View Post
    My folks live out in your neck of the woods and it's like that every summer. The worst part is you can leave in the morning and everything is fine and by the time you come back in the afternoon it's all gravel.
    At least they put up signs this year so you have a few seconds warning to slam the brakes before you hit it going 100 or more without warning. Would be nice if they put the signs a little farther ahead though so you could actually turn around before you hit it.