M1 Exit Course Waiting Period

Thread: M1 Exit Course Waiting Period

M1 Exit Course Waiting Period

A quick noob question here. I plan to take my M2 licence at Humber in October (when my 60 days are over). Can I take the M1 Exit course right away or do I have to wait for at least 60 days before taking the course? I tried calling Humber every time but their hold period is too long.

Its more convenient for me to enroll in the course these days and get done with the test right now as oppose to waiting till October. In case if I can enroll in the course, will they take the test right away or will I have to come back for the test.

Re: M1 Exit Course Waiting Period

You can take the course as long as you have a valid M1. When you pass the test, they give you a piece of paper.. just bring that to the license centre when your 60 days are up and they'll give you your M2

You can take the course right now. They do the testing on site at the end of the class. Just hang onto the paperwork they give you if you pass and hand it in on the 61st day from the day you got your M1.

I wouldnt wait 60 days and then sign up. The M1 is only good for 90 days total so that would leave you only 30 days to register for a course. You can sign up for any M1 exit course , just make sure you have your valid M1 by the time the course starts.

Thank you so much (your answer just made my day).
    Have any of you ever heard of someone failing the test? I'm just wondering what sort of Prep should I do before, if any.....

Quote Originally Posted by MR_ActionTime View Post
    Have any of you ever heard of someone failing the test? I'm just wondering what sort of Prep should I do before, if any.....
    Yes, 2 people from my class failed it, and while I was doing my course, a couple of instructors were re-testing people at the other side of the parking lot who had failed one earlier. I don't know how much it costs for a re-test, but don't wrap your head around it too much, the fail percentage is low as far as I know. Just smile, have fun, and you should do fine.

No prep required. I was a complete newbie as I never rode a motorcycle before the course and I passed the test.

Quote Originally Posted by MR_ActionTime View Post
    People do fail. Some courses off free retests (I work for Learning Curves and we do). Don't worry about advanced prep. We'd actually prefer that you don't develop any bad habits before we see you. Also, don't worry too much about failing. If you listen to your instructors and follow their advice you will do fine.
    2005 Kawasaki z750s
    1980 Yamasaki ZXS650 "Lunatic Fringe"

Instructor for www.learningcurves.ca

Thanks a lot everybody!

I did my course at Humber with a buddy. Unfortunatly, she did not pass but registered right away for the next available retest session which was the next Sunday evening after that week's course - 5 to 8 PM. I remember her saying that the price was about $80. Luckily enough, she passed!!!!

Good luck in your course. I really enjoyed it and had a blast - awesome instructors!!
    Current Ride - 2000 Honda CBR F4

If quitters never win and winners never quit, then who is the fool who said, "Quit while you're ahead"?

best prep is get a good nights rest, bring appropriate clothes/gear and food/snacks/drinks. you don't want to do the course in summer and have gear more appropriate for winter, heat exhaustion sucks.
    x