Advanced Riding Course with Turn 2 - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Advanced Riding Course with Turn 2

Re: Advanced Riding Course with Turn 2

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery254 View Post
    . Like Bickle said (right again John), the industry needs new riders all the time and rather than frightening you off or "banning" you from Calabogie, I should also have been encouraging you to come out and learn. I'm always happy to help people if I can. It's the ones that don't respond to help that tend to get left alone in the paddocks to fend for theirselves. .
    There is nothing wrong with being defensive and concerned for "your" safety. This is a sport where once crap has happened it's kind of pointless to be concerned with safety. So yes,,all riders should be screened. Yes all riders should have a qualification prcess to establish where [what group] they belong in. So you are right to be concerned,,,but we need to bring people in and welcome them but they need to play by the rules of the track. If they choose to have a big ego and think they are Rossi,,, well,, they run their own trackday somewhere else,,,,. It's a process we need for your safety and others.
    bickleracing@sympatico.ca
    If you PM me it may take longer!

Quote Originally Posted by john bickle View Post
    There is nothing wrong with being defensive and concerned for "your" safety. This is a sport where once crap has happened it's kind of pointless to be concerned with safety. So yes,,all riders should be screened. Yes all riders should have a qualification prcess to establish where [what group] they belong in. So you are right to be concerned,,,but we need to bring people in and welcome them but they need to play by the rules of the track. If they choose to have a big ego and think they are Rossi,,, well,, they run their own trackday somewhere else,,,,. It's a process we need for your safety and others.
    This screening and qualification thing would be ideal.
    Filling the day is usaully more important in most instances tho.
    Pro6 is the best at making sure red ppl sign in red, and green are in green.

Im sure if red was full at bogie and i tryed to sign up for yellow or green, Sheena would have a say about that.
    And this is one instance where someone is more concerned with safety than $...
    CyclePaintWorX - Booked solid until winter 2012.
    cyclepaintworx@gmail.com
    Ultimate Quality Refinishing.
    519-503-8933

Quote Originally Posted by TLDeano View Post
    This screening and qualification thing would be ideal.
    Filling the day is usaully more important in most instances tho.
    Pro6 is the best at making sure red ppl sign in red, and green are in green.

Im sure if red was full at bogie and i tryed to sign up for yellow or green, Sheena would have a say about that.
    And this is one instance where someone is more concerned with safety than $...
    And it works the other way as well. She wont let me into red until i get more consistent in my lap times, and frankly I dont mind. She and Sandy know their red riders well and seek to protect everyone.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery254 View Post
    And it works the other way as well. She wont let me into red until i get more consistent in my lap times, and frankly I dont mind. She and Sandy know their red riders well and seek to protect everyone.
    Is that your excuse for cherry picking? (this time!)
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

Yep, and "consistent" is the key word there. It isn't just about lap times. On the rare occasion when I do a track day (I prefer racing to track days, but that's a different matter) I'm generally in red group even though my lap times are more like yellow group ... but that's because my track bike goes backwards on straightaways (or so it seems). Where it really counts, mid-corner speed, there is not much difference between experienced riders, doesn't matter what class the bike is in.

Quote Originally Posted by sircastic View Post
    If you guys all get fast and **** off on me up to the reds who the hell am I gonna play with???? It's all about meme remember!

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    If you guys all get fast and **** off on me up to the reds who the hell am I gonna play with???? It's all about meme remember!
    I will keep you company honey
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

woot - a newf to play with - happy happy joy joy!

Quote Originally Posted by sircastic View Post
    I don't mind being picked in red group. Just dont want to get squashed.

And someone tell Meme she needs to get her arse to the track more often and get her times down.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.