Advanced Riding Course with Turn 2 - Page 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Advanced Riding Course with Turn 2

Re: Advanced Riding Course with Turn 2

Quote Originally Posted by HorizonXP View Post
    If you want to learn the limits of your machine, take your bike.

If you want to learn the limits of a 600 SS, rent theirs.

If you want to learn the limits of yourself, take Racer5.

That's my opinion. You could spend the same money, get 4 days of riding on a CBR125, and get race experience. Usually, the limit isn't the bike, it's the rider. The skills you learn on a 125 translate easily to a larger, more track-oriented machine. Not trying to detract from Turn2, I'm sure they are excellent. But I felt Racer5 was a better use of my time and money, for what I wanted. Next season, I will likely buy a track bike (600 SS).
    In one day the OP isn't going to learn the limits of anything you listed. It's even debatable if he'd learn the limits of a 125 in 4 days.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Quote Originally Posted by sircastic View Post
    The bike is never the limit when learning / riding track. In all situations you listed the person would be learning their limits but on different tools.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery254 View Post
    In one day the OP isn't going to learn the limits of anything you listed. It's even debatable if he'd learn the limits of a 125 in 4 days.
    I agree with you guys. I guess I didn't make my point clearly! What I was trying to say that it's easier/faster to learn on a smaller bike first. Also cheaper. It will definitely be different than a 600 ss. And agreed, you likely won't be at the limits of a 125 in 4 days.

I agree with you guys. I guess I didn't make my point clearly! What I was trying to say that it's easier/faster to learn on a smaller bike first. Also cheaper. It will definitely be different than a 600 ss. And agreed, you likely won't be at the limits of a 125 in 4 days.
    Not exactly sure what you mean. What would make me learn more quickly using a 125 or 250 vs a 600 cc bike?

2 yrs on the saddle of your own bike...id ride that over a rental, you'll be on a bike you're already comfortable with. if you crash a rental, it isnt gonna be cheap either.

Regardless of whether you ride a 125, 250, or a 600...you WILL learn something by the end of the day, but you likely won't know how to make sense of it. Frankly, I'd rather have fun learning at the same time.
    Last edited by TomC; 08-12-2011 at 03:32 PM.
    For sale, 2007 Aprilia SXV 450 Supermoto
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...prilia-sxv-450

Do the rental so you can be relaxed durring the course and worry about learning then whether or not your going to drop your bike or not.

I did the Racer 5 Intro Course and used the CBR125 and it was awesome.

Good luck Get ready to hooked to track!!!
    Last edited by rafiki911; 08-12-2011 at 08:00 PM.
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

since the turn2 phone lines are closed what time does the track school sessions start and finish? couldn't find it on their site

Quote Originally Posted by cbrkp View Post
    since the turn2 phone lines are closed what time does the track school sessions start and finish? couldn't find it on their site
    https://turn2.ca/ti/t2/content/arc1.html

Quote Originally Posted by redridernl View Post
    thanks a bunch mate appreciate it

Depending on how confident of a rider you are, I'd bring my own bike.

The arc 1 is pretty tame. Only you control how fast or how crazy you go. Most of it is following the instructor. And they don't usually do crazy leading, unless you "push" them too.

Sure theres a risk of binning it, but its quite low.

The beauty of your own bike, as some have mentioned, is that you are already familiar with it. And when you are done the class, you can take the lessons you learned and keep honing them on your own bike. When I did the ARC1, I had a rental bike because it was part of the "gift" package that I was given. However, I was really wishing I was on my own bike when I took the course.

Diffrnt strokes for diffrnt folks! Just wanted to share another perspective.

Price up new stock left side fairings from Honda. Oh, and a new clip on, a new clutch lever, a new mirror, possible headlight, engine casing, tail section, rearset and see if you can buy the lot for less than $1365. If you can then away you go to the track with your own bikeand lowside with confidence.

ARC1 is 'tame' compared with ARC2 or 3 but you're still moving fast enough to do a world of hurt to a street bike. And there's always the chance that someone else hits you or forces you off the track, whatever level you're riding.
    Some poor guy rode his gixxer to Calabogie over the weekend. His first lap out, in green group, he overcooked it into Temptation and wrote his bike off. They had to use a front end loader to recover his bike. I wasn't there, but I've seen a rather graphic picture my mate took. Way more than $1365 worth of damage. You could probably add a '0' to it.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Some poor guy rode his gixxer to Calabogie over the weekend. His first lap out, in green group, he overcooked it into Temptation and wrote his bike off. They had to use a front end loader to recover his bike. I wasn't there, but I've seen a rather graphic picture my mate took. Way more than $1365 worth of damage. You could probably add a '0' to it.
    Cracked in half, I believe.

Cracked in half, I believe.
    Ok, I feel bad for the guy, but has he never heard of a sighting lap?

Ok, I feel bad for the guy, but has he never heard of a sighting lap?
    I don't think it was anybody's first lap out. The red came out while I was waiting to go on track so it happened at the end of session.

I don't think it was anybody's first lap out. The red came out while I was waiting to go on track so it happened at the end of session.
    Correct. It happened in the afternoon on the Saturday. We were all waiting at the end of the paddock to go out. Therefore, it was the end of session for the reds.

+++++++++++

E.Honda, did you end up going out and doing the ARC1?

Quote Originally Posted by stormcat View Post

E.Honda, did you end up going out and doing the ARC1?
    I'm going this Friday and doing the CRG on Saturday. Hoping for no rain!

Quote Originally Posted by E. Honda View Post
    Awesome! You're going to have a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by E. Honda View Post
    Thinking of attending as well, sent you a pm

Btw can one set up camp the night before?

Quote Originally Posted by cbrkp View Post
    Thinking of attending as well, sent you a pm

Btw can one set up camp the night before?
    Yes. I am travelling up tonight to ride tomorrow & Saturday. The gates close around 11pm though (sometimes sooner) so bear that in mind.

Thanks for the reply! Sending you a pm hope you dont mind... have a few Q's maybe we can convoy up there together .

Fiery...find the chick with the black race SV, I'll try to get some pics of you
    *~Maggie~*