T.O. Cycle Lakeshore - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T.O. Cycle Lakeshore

Re: T.O. Cycle Lakeshore

I was there the other day, and he's got a used hysoung scooter on the floor. I asked Ralph how much it is, and he says (politely enough) that he doesn't know, it's a good bike but he just has to do some paperwork on it. He said it'd be $2500-$2800. Not bad, I guess. Figuring there'd be an odd response, I asked if he'd take in the neighbourhood of $2.3K, and he says no... I kind of wait for a counteroffer or something, but he just tells me he's got to deal with some things, and isn't in a hurry to sell it. He claims he'll probably wait till next year to move it while taking a bit of a loss holding it.

It seems strange to me that a dealershp (if TO Cycle can be called that), or any store, isn't motivated to move their stock. Maybe they end up giving/selling vehicles to friends/relatives?

Mississauga ('08 ZX-14 Street, '02 GSXR750 Track))

Ralph is a piece of work. I wonder if Junior finally left for good or what. I'm continuously amazed whenever I hear that they're still in business. Especially when "good" dealerships have closed down.
    DVS in name....DVS in nature.....

Link to track day pics

Link to track day vids

On Yahoo Video

On Vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by JZ67 View Post
    I saw a pair of boots there that I was interested in. The box had dust on it an inch thick. No price on the box so I asked Ralph what he wanted for them. He told me he didn't know. So I tell him that I am genuinely ready to buy them right then so he says 'make me an offer' so I made what I felt was a fair offer and he said no. So I said, this is the part where you counter offer. He says, 'that's ok, I'll keep them'. First and last time in the store.
    LOL.
    Of all the bad reviews of bike shops ive heard, this is by far the strangest.

Ralph has never been anything but helpful to me. And chatty! Guy keeps me in the store talking and talking. I like it in there
    Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do. - David Brent

Quote Originally Posted by DVS View Post
    Ralph is a piece of work. I wonder if Junior finally left for good or what. I'm continuously amazed whenever I hear that they're still in business. Especially when "good" dealerships have closed down.
    Junior's still there. He worked on my bike last week.
    2008 HD Sportster XL1200L
    2006 Ninja 650R
    1982 Honda CB125S
    2000 Suzuki GZ250
    2001 Tomos Targa

I have been to T.O. this week to fix a leak on my Triumph, and sure enough the people I talked to (mostly Ralph and Junior) have been very friendly and full of advice.
    All in all they seemed competent and honest, I will definitely go back there if I have anything to do on my bike.
    1999 Triumph Daytona 955i - Fire Engine Red

Peterborough, or just where ever the road takes me

I must say that I do miss Junior and the apprentice mechanics, I would bake them cookies when they'd help me with my bike.
    Not wearing gear while riding is like unprotected sex. Sooner or later you're going to get a rash!

Make sure the Hyosung has had the system gone over as there have been some major wiring issues and failures with those scooters. Contact Mike at the Golden Horseshoe Scooter Riders Association (GHSRA ON Meetup) if you want a long story on the problems and the fixes.

I wouldn't touch a Hyosung scooter with a bargepole. I know Mike, and I've heard other horror stories. The wife's got a Hyosung motorcycle that we can't wait to get rid of. They're a bit better than Chinese crap.....but not a lot better.

Anyone know what TO Cycle charge for a tuneup. Change all filters, oils etc..? i tried calling tonight but keep getting voicemail.

Peterborough, or just where ever the road takes me

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny5 View Post
    Anyone know what TO Cycle charge for a tuneup. Change all filters, oils etc..? i tried calling tonight but keep getting voicemail.
    I think they're closed. They also aren't very good with their phones.
    Not wearing gear while riding is like unprotected sex. Sooner or later you're going to get a rash!

Just go to pro 6
    51 Panhead FL Chop, 2011 MV Agusta F4

Ralphs a good guy my displays are there and he was really cool about supporting us!
    "WE DON'T WANT AN ARM AND A LEG... JUST YOUR TOWS!"
    www.towabike.ca