T.O. Cycle Lakeshore

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T.O. Cycle Lakeshore

T.O. Cycle Lakeshore

Have to bring my bike in for some warranty work - anybody have experience with Ralph and his crew at T.O Cycle on Lakeshore in Etobicoke?

The guys downstairs are good. I wouldn't worry. I've been using them for 10 years now.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Re: T.O. Cycle Lakeshore

You'll hear some mixed opinions, but I do most of my business with them and I've never had any issues.
    2008 HD Sportster XL1200L
    2006 Ninja 650R
    1982 Honda CB125S
    2000 Suzuki GZ250
    2001 Tomos Targa

Bought a used motor from him. Went to check valve clearances and found that one of the cam caps was busted. Refused refund. Tool.

Quote Originally Posted by fzrcraig View Post
    Bought a used motor from him. Went to check valve clearances and found that one of the cam caps was busted. Refused refund. Tool.
    Was it rebuilt by them or was it sold as is?

Thanks for the input Venom and Short Stop. I'll give them a shot

if u dont need your bike back any time soon, sure take it there.

hit and miss with em. sometimes they are out to lunch on prices, sometimes they are pretty good.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18800&dateline=121895  0439
    99 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm

Peterborough, or just where ever the road takes me

I worked there for the first half of this summer, and I was in charge of Service. If you drop your bike off and only need something little done, you might be able to get it back fast, otherwise, we had bikes sitting there for 2 weeks and tons of people calling and complaining. They get a lot of bikes in, and Ralph likes to have them work on them in a retarded order. Anywho, the mechanics are good, really the only reason I survived working there for as long as I did. Ralph on the other hand is a piece of work, he's insulting and belittling. I have on rare occasions seen a few people who can mesh with him fine though.
    Not wearing gear while riding is like unprotected sex. Sooner or later you're going to get a rash!

Oh that Ralph, I think he's bipolar. Sometimes he's a goof, sometimes he's all right. You go in and you take your chances.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Fixed my RZ350 in 1995. They were fine and showed me what the issue was on the lift. Sorry, the review is a little late. They had a front end collision ZX10 in the front. It's possibly been sold sometime in the last 16 years.
    Mark H.
    06 ZX-14

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirty View Post
    Fixed my RZ350 in 1995. They were fine and showed me what the issue was on the lift. Sorry, the review is a little late. They had a front end collision ZX10 in the front. It's possibly been sold sometime in the last 16 years.
    Full of new hyosungs now.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    Oh that Ralph, I think he's bipolar. Sometimes he's a goof, sometimes he's all right. You go in and you take your chances.
    Well said. Just waiting to see what comes of the 'warranty claim' before I share my ...ahem... experience to date at T.O. Psycho.

Keep ya posted. Hey, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Totally.

I've been there a few times this year, and without fail he's insisted he's been in this business for 35 years even though I never challenged him or even raised the subject.

Now that his bikes sales guy has resigned, Ralph has even admitted things on the sales side are up in the air; he doesn't know much about selling merchandise.

But he's also seemed like a nice, down to earth guy who doesn't resort to the usual salesman BS.

Once I called to get a quote, got a bit of a runaround, offered to leave my number. He refused, saying he feels horrible and has green pus coming out of his ears and wouldn't be doing any calls on my behalf for a while. Talk about unsolicited, unwanted information.

Odd sales techniques, that one has.
    Last edited by Grunk; 08-15-2011 at 11:40 PM.

Are we all going to the same T.O. Cycle? Or do we live in some sort of parallel universe? I'm not doubting anyone here at all by any means. I've just never been through any of that at T.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom01 View Post
    Are we all going to the same T.O. Cycle? Or do we live in some sort of parallel universe?
    Which Ralph do you deal with? Earth Ralph or Bizarro Ralph?
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Forgetful Ralph!

I saw a pair of boots there that I was interested in. The box had dust on it an inch thick. No price on the box so I asked Ralph what he wanted for them. He told me he didn't know. So I tell him that I am genuinely ready to buy them right then so he says 'make me an offer' so I made what I felt was a fair offer and he said no. So I said, this is the part where you counter offer. He says, 'that's ok, I'll keep them'. First and last time in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by JZ67 View Post
    I saw a pair of boots there that I was interested in. The box had dust on it an inch thick. No price on the box so I asked Ralph what he wanted for them. He told me he didn't know. So I tell him that I am genuinely ready to buy them right then so he says 'make me an offer' so I made what I felt was a fair offer and he said no. So I said, this is the part where you counter offer. He says, 'that's ok, I'll keep them'. First and last time in the store.
    LOL

First time I went in to buy bolts. No problem, very helpful. Second time I went in to buy flushmounts. 10 minute rant on flushmounts. 'Who ****** in his cornflakes' was all I could think after that one !

order parts twice from them. both times i payed the money but didnt get any parts back.

1st time was about 3 or more years ago. needed a clutch cable for hyosung. i decided to order 2 just in case. i got one. but i was told that they are on backorder so they couldnt get me the second one fast. i wasnt in any rush for the second one, so i decide to wait. 2 months go by and give them a call. they have no record of me ordering anything. the person i spoke to wasnt working there anymore.

2nd time was last year in November i think. Ordered CCT from them. payed upfront again. a few weeks later i get a call that the part is here. picked it up but it turned out to be a wrong kind. wouldnt fit on my bike. took it back to them. they took the part back and said they would order me the right one. given them several calls but to this date i dont have the part... gave up and ordered from Korea cost half as much and got here in 2 weeks
    still a noob.

Need prescription eyeglasses? contact me.

I've been lucky enough to only deal with Earth Ralph. Although I'm curious about this alter-ego...

I believe it exists though. Louis (parts guy) has quit, and from the way Ralph spoke of it, it didn't sound like an amicable split.
    2008 HD Sportster XL1200L
    2006 Ninja 650R
    1982 Honda CB125S
    2000 Suzuki GZ250
    2001 Tomos Targa