August 21st - DDR (DUCATI Day RIde) ver 2.0 - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: August 21st - DDR (DUCATI Day RIde) ver 2.0

Re: August 21st - DDR (DUCATI Day RIde) ver 2.0

Followed this (and the 1st one) thread and feeling bad i couldn't hook up with you people for the fun.I know a bunch of you already and i'll know more when i get my *** out there.Keep it up! Ric
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Great seeing everyone today I made it home upright and dry. Too bad the rain cut it short and thank goodness I had my ear plugs! We should do an 1 day senic buffalo wing ride for V3 or port carling? Giovani is not allowed to pick a date, twice it got wet lol...

Awesome ride! I had a lot of fun today and it was great meeting everyone. Thx for organizing this one Gionavi (and others if that was the case). I look forward to riding again in September. Lets make it happen guys.

-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Wingboy View Post
    Followed this (and the 1st one) thread and feeling bad i couldn't hook up with you people for the fun.I know a bunch of you already and i'll know more when i get my *** out there.Keep it up! Ric
    Well said, Ric! I really hope to make it out to the next DDR ride too!

Thanks and 2 thumbsup to Repooc and Giovanni for organizing another great ride, it was nice meeting so many other riders and despite the weather, it wasn't too bad for the remainder of us to head back east into the city at the end of the ride. Looking forward to at least more ddr days before the end of the season.

Mike

Hope the rest of you didn't get caught in it - 2 minutes after leaving from the lunch spot, we got the bikes "detailed" for about 45 minutes...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike wash.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	26075

Had a blast. My first (& not last) DDR. Usually ride alone, but can not wait for the next get together

Thanks again to my paesano Giovanni & Repooc (Trystan) for another great ride. It was nice seeing faces from the previous ride, and meeting new ones! The weather wasnt really in our favour, however being with all you DUCATISTA's made up for it. Does anyone know what happened to Ed with the dark green Monster 900, hope he's ok?? Thanks to the people that took and posted photos. Mikey, thanks for the earplugs. I was right behind you on the 404 north, but got totally soaked once I got north of Finch.

Dino, Scott, Don & Tony nice talking with you guys over lunch and sharing past experiences. Love to do a DOCC day with you sometime.

Looking forward to DDR #3 and hope to be back by then. I'm on vacation till Sept 10th. Maybe we can ride out to Port Dalhousie and hit the 406 or a Niagara or Buffalo run like someone else had mentioned. OR hit north to Muskoka cut east to the lovely 507 and head back south????

Cheers,
    Sam
    Last edited by sammy; 08-22-2011 at 11:14 AM.

Thumbs up Re: August 21st - DDR (DUCATI Day RIde) ver 2.0

Hey folks!

Well, I don't know what to say.... I had my doubts of people showing up, in light of the crappy forecast. But I'm completely overwhelmed by the fact we had 36 DUCATIs show up to the meet up spot. Whoever said that DUCATI riders only bring out their pretty bikes in the sunshine are truly mistaken. Kudos to each and every one of you to showing your commitment and braving the weather to spend time with great company. I said this to many of you while we were there, and I'll say it again... YOU made this event possible.

Admittedly, the actual 'ride' this time around wasn't nearly as fun as DDR ver 1.0. Ducatigio and I will take this as a 'lesson learned' and make the plans for DDR ver 3.0. There are early talks/planning of taking it back up North again towards the Muskoka area (we will certainly keep you posted). Furthermore, it was quite evident after we launched that keeping a group of this size together through city streets proved to be a challenge. Going forward, we will more than likely break the group up into 'pods' of 10, each with a lead and rear sweep to keep everyone together. Believe me when I say that each DDR will be better than the next as we continue to improve on the logistics of the event.

I do want to tip my hat and especially acknowledge Dino Z for taking the lead at the end of the day and leading us towards "God's country", where we made our way out of the trailing rain clouds. Thank You! Those downhill switch backs and sweeping turns were a personal highlight for me.

DDR ver 1.0 had a large Monster presence..... but DDR ver 2.0 was absolutely DOMINATED by the Superbikes. I've honestly never seen so many 1098's together like that in my life. Even with wearing earplugs all day, my ears were still ringing by the time I went to bed last night.

Without further adieu, here our the photos of the event.... ENJOY!
    (Click the image below to access the full photo album)

Stay tuned for DDR Ver 3.0.... probably after Sept 15th

Cheers,

Hey. There were at least 3 Super sports !, we do try. Just lookedmon the "official" DOCC web sire and yesterday did not happen !. VERY SAD

Great day yesterday indeed! I actually left my earplugs out, I was just loving hearing the pack all day long. The thunder came 2 hours before the rain! Can't wait till the next ride, I hope this becomes a monthly thing. Me and acto will be in West Virginia riding through the hills to the Blue Ridge September 14-18, so please please please, can we make the next ride on the 24th or 25th of September? Up north for some wings sounds good to me. Repooc, let me know if you can use some help organizing. I've got a pretty good Monster email list going as not everybody's on the GTAM. I gotta say, Giovanni, you've got a really great business plan going. I'll be by to see you after Labour Day for my 24K.

Thanks very much to Repooc, Giovanni and Dino.... I had a great time. I agree it would be better to break the pack up as the pace was slow trying to keep everyone together, I still have lots of fun. Thanks very much guys.

Tim with the 848.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigphil800SS View Post
    Hey. There were at least 3 Super sports !, we do try. Just lookedmon the "official" DOCC web sire and yesterday did not happen !. VERY SAD
    The ride was not posted on the DOCC site.How were they supposed to know about it?

Edit:It was posted,but a bit late on the 18th.The DOCC forum is not as active as this one.
    Last edited by Wingboy; 08-23-2011 at 08:59 AM.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Yes!.. I am so happy to see everyone so pleased with the DDR`s, but I think like Repooc, the Version 1.0 was more exiting, because the route was better studied, the version 3.0 will bring an encounter of what every Ducatista must get curves to lean yeah!.. and the 507 is a nice hwy to enjoy, wonderful view, landscapes, this road and the DDR riders of the century, will get great memories of it!.. we will see all of you again to make the best out of the tentative Sept 15 day!
    Our emotions together with the rumbling sound of a tradition, will brake the silence of our wait on this day, concluding with a part in our history of our characteristic group; better known as DDR!..
    Siete tutti i mie fratelli, grazie tante, Forzaaa Ducatii! and Forzaa DDR 3.0!!..

Thank you everyone for your postings, pictures and kind words.
    Giovanni.
    Last edited by ducatigio; 08-24-2011 at 08:15 AM.

perfect I will back from my vacation on Sept 10th in time for the DDR 3.0 on Sept 15th but thats a Thursday. How about the 18th which is Sunday.

See you all then!

Sam
    Last edited by sammy; 08-24-2011 at 02:34 AM.

I think ducatigio meant to say AFTER Sept 15th.... I was speaking to some of you during our last event, and a couple mentioned that they were going on vacation in Sept and requested that that DDR ver 3.0 be held later in the month. We're certainly willing to accommodate the schedule to get the greatest attendance. Sept 18th is certainly a possibility as is Sept 25th.

We may end up taking a vote for a majority decision. This may very well be our last DDR of the season, so we're surely going to plan this one thoroughly.

Now that I think of it... later in Sept will be absolutely PERFECT out in the Muskokas because most of the cottagers and local traffic will be much less than what it is now during the peak of summer.

Hey guys! I think 25th September will be perfect! i will like make happy Donzo, and others people take some vacation in the beginning of sep. Any suggestion are welcome!

thanks

Giovanni

If its Sept 25th then I guess I'm gonna have to miss this one. Its my sons baptism that day and I wont be available. Unless we schedule it for a Saturday???

Sam

The 24th or 25th sounds amazing!
    The 507 or the 518 sounds good to!!

Looking forward to DDR ver. 3.0
    Last edited by Osiris; 08-24-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Well, I'm working all day on the 25th, so obviously I'd prefer the 18th or 24th....... but that's just me ! Hope to see everyone soon, Cheers, Les

You bring a Ducati to life, all other bikes you just start......

current ride: 2005 DUCATI Monster S4R

for paint or plastic repair inquiries, email me direct: booth_1@sympatico.ca