My States/East Coast Trip

Thread: My States/East Coast Trip

• Display

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: My States/East Coast Trip

Tues. July 12/11, Leaving Toronto for the East Coast through the States. 300 km

I'd packed the bike the day before and felt OK with it. I had all the camping gear wrapped up in a bike cover & held with bungees on the passenger seat, but I was'nt convinced it was a good idea, I'm not a big fan of bungee cords or mesh cords securing things, especially with a long trip coming up.

So Tuesday morning I scrapped the bungees & made do with what I had for luggage and left the bike cover behind .Left Toronto later than I wanted to, and took the 401 to Kingston to visit & stay overnight at a friends place. When I hit the exit ramp, the bike was'nt sounding right, I'd blown a hole in the muffler, on the first day!

Wed. July 13/11 Kingston 320 kmWent to Tonys Cycle to see what could be done, 5 to 6 days for parts, so I got some muffler tape at the auto parts store & hoped for the best. The guys at Tonys were really helpful, with phone #s for shops ect., I do'nt have a smart phone. Called Freedom Cycle in Halifax and ordered the parts to be there, before I got there, but I did'nt book a service appointment, did'nt even cross my mind-duh? but it all worked out. Crossed into NY State at Gananoque, took 81 South to Watertown, NY then 3 East, thinking I'd stay in Lake Placid. Nice roads when you hit the Adirondacks, so I called it a day in Tupper Lake.
    Last edited by GAR; 01-23-2012 at 11:19 PM.