Account Hack Attempt?

Thread: Account Hack Attempt?

Account Hack Attempt?

Hey folks,

Just received an email from GTAM warning me that "someone" had attempted more than 5 times to log-in to my account with an incorrect password. The IP address listed, 64.64.11.139, appears on Google to be a frequent forum spamming/hacking source... Just curious if anyone else has had this come up recently.

Would strongly suggest to admins that this IP address be perma-banned from accessing the site if possible. Actually, that said, going to PM Paul about it. Bloody hackers/spammers...

Re: Account Hack Attempt?

Hackers/crackers go through proxies like nothing. There are forums where 1000's of them are posted daily and they continuously use then discard them and replace with new ones so i doubt that particular ip is even in use anymore. If it's any sort of 'pro' they never use the same one twice.

Sorry, I wanted to read your pm's
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

That's the address of a free proxy server. Wouldn't be a bad idea to ban it.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

what would be the purpose of hacking your account? just curious

Quote Originally Posted by gcrouse View Post
    what would be the purpose of hacking your account? just curious
    No real benefit that I can see; maybe to access personal information/messages or something, if anything... but wouldn't be surprised if it was just a random spam-bot/script or something trying to access any easily-hacked accounts. Who knows.