Calling All M2 Holders

Thread: Calling All M2 Holders

Calling All M2 Holders

Hey everyone,

Check those expiry dates. You'd hate to miss it by a few days and have to start the process all over again.

Already got your bike? Riding for a while now? Why not take advantage of the deal that GTAM has worked out with Learning Curves for your M1 License.

$299.00 plus HST gets you that full M.

Email cutekill@gtamotorcycle.com for the registration form.

Sponsor Me Today ................................ Sponsor the GTAM Ride Team

2011 GTA Motorcycle RFS Online Ride Team: $29,335.50 
    2010 GTA Motorcycle RFS Online Ride Team: $37,836.14 
    2009 GTA Motorcycle RFS Online Ride Team: $39,347.14 
    2008 GTA Motorcycle RFS Online Ride Team: $37,868.15 
    2007 GTA Motorcycle RFS Online Ride Team: $18,540.28 
    2004 GTA Motorcycle RFS Online Ride Team: $13,408.69

Banned

Re: Calling All M2 Holders

I got an even better deal, I only spent $75 for my M2 exit at the MTO. That saved me $224!

Quote Originally Posted by sundancekid View Post
    I got an even better deal, I only spent $75 for my M2 exit at the MTO. That saved me $224!
    The value is not in the savings but how much you learn taking these courses. If everybody was just looking to save 200$+ M2 exit courses wouldn't exist. I definitely will sign up for an M2X course once I'm able to.
    Last edited by 2live&ride; 08-11-2011 at 02:44 PM.
    Mina

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2live&ride View Post
    The value is not in the savings but how much you learn taking these courses. If everybody was just looking to save 200$+ M2 exit courses wouldn't exist.
    I am aware of that. But new riders who are often cash strapped may not be able to afford the private M2 exit course. They could do the MTO test and then go back and take a course afterward if they feel they need additional instruction. Plus, if as the OP suggested they are close to expiry they have a few years of riding (between M2 and M) and may not need to take the course.

How do you know when your M2 expires? I completed my M1 exit on May 13/07 and per instructions took my letter 60 days later to the MTO to get my M2. Now is my M2 valid until May 13/12 or July 13/12? I just need to know so I do not miss it.

Thanks,
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    How do you know when your M2 expires? I completed my M1 exit on May 13/07 and per instructions took my letter 60 days later to the MTO to get my M2. Now is my M2 valid until May 13/12 or July 13/12? I just need to know so I do not miss it.

Thanks,
    Peter
    Your M2 is good for 5 years from the date you got it. So in your case you should be good until July 13. But why wait that long? If I were in your shoes I would be booking a course or your test in May.
    2005 Kawasaki z750s
    1980 Yamasaki ZXS650 "Lunatic Fringe"

Instructor for www.learningcurves.ca

Tooo often people get comfortable with their M2... Specially when the only restriction is no alcohol. Next thing you know the license is expired or its two days till it expires and your scrambling for a test date. Book it early. I went and got my M after a year with the M2. Ever since I've been sitting back and watching people have issues with forgetting.
    Caught between the good girl, bad girl thing

Support my fight to end cancer in our lifetime - UPDATED 2012
    http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/BikerCat13

04' VStar 1100
    '08 Suzuki Boulevard S40
    '74 CB360T

Instructor www.learningcurves.ca/

Thanks for the info. For the past few years my work schedule has made it very hard get in enough riding and to do the exit course. I am going in May to finally complete it.

email sent~please check your inbox.
    David L.
    2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848
    1995 Honda CBR900RR (SOLD)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R600 (SOLD)
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by sundancekid View Post
    I am aware of that. But new riders who are often cash strapped may not be able to afford the private M2 exit course. They could do the MTO test and then go back and take a course afterward if they feel they need additional instruction. Plus, if as the OP suggested they are close to expiry they have a few years of riding (between M2 and M) and may not need to take the course.

Some of us that ride with the M2 for a number of years tend to develop some very bad habits. It's these habits that get corrected in the course before doing the final test.

Sponsor Me Today ................................ Sponsor the GTAM Ride Team

2011 GTA Motorcycle RFS Online Ride Team: $29,335.50 
    2010 GTA Motorcycle RFS Online Ride Team: $37,836.14 
    2009 GTA Motorcycle RFS Online Ride Team: $39,347.14 
    2008 GTA Motorcycle RFS Online Ride Team: $37,868.15 
    2007 GTA Motorcycle RFS Online Ride Team: $18,540.28 
    2004 GTA Motorcycle RFS Online Ride Team: $13,408.69

Quote Originally Posted by Cat13 View Post
    Tooo often people get comfortable with their M2... Specially when the only restriction is no alcohol. Next thing you know the license is expired or its two days till it expires and your scrambling for a test date. Book it early. I went and got my M after a year with the M2. Ever since I've been sitting back and watching people have issues with forgetting.
    I thought you had to wait 22 months?
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    I thought you had to wait 22 months?
    You would be correct, unless you do the 2nd safety course... which reduces it to 18.

"You must pass an M1 road test or complete an approved motorcycle safety course before receiving a Class M2 licence. You must have a Class M2 licence for a minimum of 22 months. If you complete an approved motorcycle safety course, you may reduce this time requirement by four months."

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dan...tml#Motorcycle
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by SweetOnion View Post
    You would be correct, unless you do the 2nd safety course... which reduces it to 18.

"You must pass an M1 road test or complete an approved motorcycle safety course before receiving a Class M2 licence. You must have a Class M2 licence for a minimum of 22 months. If you complete an approved motorcycle safety course, you may reduce this time requirement by four months."

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dan...tml#Motorcycle

Just to clarify, you only have to wait 18 months if you have taken the M1exit class. You wait 22 months if you did not take a course at all. You only need to take the first course to shorten the waiting periods, not the M2X.
    2005 Kawasaki z750s
    1980 Yamasaki ZXS650 "Lunatic Fringe"

Instructor for www.learningcurves.ca

Question for Cutekill.
    I took the Learning Curves M1X and got my M2 on August 8th. If I take my M2X this summer, will the paperwork be valid by December 8th when I'm eligible to submit it?

Quote Originally Posted by HaVe View Post
    Question for Cutekill.
    I took the Learning Curves M1X and got my M2 on August 8th. If I take my M2X this summer, will the paperwork be valid by December 8th when I'm eligible to submit it?
    Yes
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    Yes
    Then you guys will hear from me this summer

Quote Originally Posted by HaVe View Post
    Then you guys will hear from me this summer
    My bad on the bad math. You would be eligible 18 months later which if you got your M2 Aug 8th/2011 you would be eligiible Feb 8th 2013.

As mentioned above you are eligible for the 18 months due to the M1x, The M2X does not do anything for shortening your M2 to 18 months.
    Last edited by jeffjones; 01-25-2012 at 09:48 AM.
    2001 CBR F4i

do you have a course schedule for the date? thanks
    David L.
    2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848
    1995 Honda CBR900RR (SOLD)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R600 (SOLD)
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R (SOLD)

I just got the best deal ever. Here's what I'm gonna pay for my M license: $0.00

I just moved to Vancouver a couple days ago and they converted my M2 to a full class 6 license because they don't have an M2 equivalent here. This means if I ever moved back to Toronto, I'll have my full M.

Booyah!

Well I just a letter from MTO telling me I have until July 17th to get my M.