Factors that Affect your Motorcycle Insurance Premium

Thread: Factors that Affect your Motorcycle Insurance Premium

Exclamation Factors that Affect your Motorcycle Insurance Premium

Hey Guys,

There's a LOT of information and misinformation here on GTAM about what impacts your motorcycle insurance premium. I have put together a couple of tables of rating variables that can affect your premium. Your motorcycle insurance premium is determined based on a COMBINATION of many different rating variables. To get that absolute lowest rate possible, you would have to be the best within every category (some which may not be within your control).

Hopefully this will put to rest the hundreds of repeated questions asked every season.

Enjoy!

Variables with Larger Impact:
    http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1312474908

Variables with Smaller (or ZERO) Impact:
    http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1312475304

Can anyone tell me why these Photobucket Pics are showing at 50% instead of full size?

Last edited by VifferFun; 08-04-2011 at 12:29 PM.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Re: Factors that Affect your Motorcycle Insurance Premium

This is actually really helpful . Should be a sticky!

I wrote it with the intent that it would become a sticky. Questions regarding the content of these tables come up daily in the forum, so it's easier to have it all in one reference thread.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

i think you have to upload a bigger image.

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    Hey Guys,

There's a LOT of information and misinformation here on GTAM about what impacts your motorcycle insurance premium. I have put together a couple of tables of rating variables that can affect your premium. Your motorcycle insurance premium is determined based on a COMBINATION of many different rating variables. To get that absolute lowest rate possible, you would have to be the best within every category (some which may not be within your control).

Hopefully this will put to rest the hundreds of repeated questions asked every season.

Enjoy!

Variables with Larger Impact:
    http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1312474908

Variables with Smaller (or ZERO) Impact:
    http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1312475304

Can anyone tell me why these Photobucket Pics are showing at 50% instead of full size?

Please do not take threads off-topic, to serve private agendas. If you have something to say, and it's appropriate to the forum, make your own new thread.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde