Cops are too agressive this year - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cops are too agressive this year

Re: Cops are too agressive this year

Got pulled over in muskoka leaving the cottage really late. Cop just told me to slow down a bit as I wouldn't win in a battle with a moose. Really nice cop.
    2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Current
    2004 Suzuki GS500F - Sold

I've seen them more on side roads this year, have seen them on my street (which leads to a rural dead end). on my trip out west saw a few on 17, a couple on 6 (i was rushing to catch the ferry and was going a little fast than the speed limit, guess i wasn't in their trigger zone). only exception is the regular speed traps around her on the 401 they will camp out

Quote Originally Posted by 00ninja View Post
    I've pulled over on separate occasions around 230a-330a for no reason coming home from work on HWY 427. First time I was told it was to check insurance and registration on the bike (not speeding at all. I was in 4th and still around 85-90km). The second time the officer wanted to know why I was out so late (probably though at that hour I was coming back from bar). I told him I was coming back from work and showed him by ID badge.
    the police do not have any business knowing where you are coming from or going to.
    x

Banned

Cop just told me to slow down a bit as I wouldn't win in a battle with a moose
    smart cop. i've had more animal incidents (close calls or contact) per km driven this year than ever before.

I've noticed TONS more, but that's probably because of the route I'm always riding now.

Quote Originally Posted by boarder360 View Post
    Got pulled over in muskoka leaving the cottage really late. Cop just told me to slow down a bit as I wouldn't win in a battle with a moose. Really nice cop.
    I thought cops should be like this. Probably I met wrong cops... both times... so sad

Quote Originally Posted by PLau View Post
    Umm wouldn't they just run your plates to see if it is reported stolen or not...?
    That was his story but Really he wanted to see the car cause he took a bunch of pictures with his iPhone and then told me he used to work on these types of cars.

Driving the QEW-403-410 every morning reminds me of a National Geographic doc on Grizzly bears standing on the banks of rivers fishing for spawning salmon.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    So it's ok for hooligan riders and drivers to endanger the lives of impaired drivers?
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    Unfortunately, since we seldom put people in jail for traffic offences

Quote Originally Posted by GSXMAER View Post
    everyone..... just get a bigger bike.....and dont stop......problems solved.....LOL
    or a smaller bike that you can ride WFO everywhere without attracting attention

They are more visible because the revenues are down and the they need the moeny.

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    I've seen them more on side roads this year, have seen them on my street (which leads to a rural dead end). on my trip out west saw a few on 17, a couple on 6 (i was rushing to catch the ferry and was going a little fast than the speed limit, guess i wasn't in their trigger zone). only exception is the regular speed traps around her on the 401 they will camp out

the police do not have any business knowing where you are coming from or going to.
    I agree. But it's not like I was going to argue with both of them.

I just don't a appreciate being at the side of the highway at that hour while they "do their job".
    Last edited by 00ninja; 08-07-2011 at 08:51 PM.
    2000 Ninja 500R

Thats why I love BC... there's more cops in the T.O downtown core than in ALL of BC... And the Cops here have better things to do than drive around running plates all day
    Starbucks poses by me.

Quote Originally Posted by thebronze View Post
    Thats why I love BC... there's more cops in the T.O downtown core than in ALL of BC... And the Cops here have better things to do than drive around running plates all day
    the fly around looking for speeders
    x

If you are getting speeding tickets are you sure it's the cops that are "too agressive"????

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    If you are getting speeding tickets are you sure it's the cops that are "too agressive"????
    I suspect that something changed, cause I started getting tickets after 50 000km of riding with no issues through last three years. I don't think (I hope) that my riding became worst than it was...
    My guess was that cops became more aggressive and now they chasing for fellow riders who had bad luck not to stare at their speedometers all time long and slightly exceeded posted speed limit

wow, just wow.

swing and a miss