Insurance rating on tickets

Thread: Insurance rating on tickets

Insurance rating on tickets

So I got a random check while I was driving around at work, and turns out my insurance slip was only valid for 30 days and the new one was delayed because of the Canada post strike. Is this considered a moving violation?

How much does TD/Primmum/MM surcharge per ticket and what about Jevco?

Thanks.

Re: Insurance rating on tickets

I don't think this is a moving violation, but I could be wrong. Due to the circumstance of the Postal Strike, if you had a valid policy (but just not an updated slip) I don't see why you wouldn't be able to fight this and get the charge removed.

Most insurance companies give you the first minor conviction for free. Jevco gives you the first TWO minor convictions for free. State Farm on the other hand, not only surcharges you by about 10% but they also remove a 10% conviction-free discount -- a double whammy.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Take it to court and show them the new slip that shows your insurance was valid. And you just didn't have the slip

Re: Insurance rating on tickets

Thanks guys,

Meeting with prosecutor on Wednesday, hope all goes well.