U-turns and other turn manouvers

Thread: U-turns and other turn manouvers

U-turns and other turn manouvers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf3-G...rec_grec_index

I'm personally scared of turning tight turns too fast. Can anyone do this kind of stuff?

Re: U-turns and other turn manouvers

That's not as impressive as the massive police bikes that do the same things. Just look where you want to go and you'll find you can do quite a bit of stuff. Watch the guys head in that video...when he's going round a cone in a tight turn he has his head turned all the way round to the direction of travel. The big bars help too by the way.

+1 for look where you want to go. At RTI they had setup 2 90 degree turns. When I looked at the exit of the turns my bike went straight through. I was afraid to lean the bike and turn the front wheel.
    When I looked at the entry of the 2nd turn, suddenly the bike was there, then I look at the exit of the turn and boom, bike was through both turns no problem.
    What that guy is doing in the video is a little more advanced, to say the least, however practice on a bike you aren't afraid to drop and wear the right equipment, in case it happens, and you'll be a pro in no time!

tall and wide handlebars make a hugh difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Smutty View Post
    +1 for look where you want to go. At RTI they had setup 2 90 degree turns. When I looked at the exit of the turns my bike went straight through. I was afraid to lean the bike and turn the front wheel.
    When I looked at the entry of the 2nd turn, suddenly the bike was there, then I look at the exit of the turn and boom, bike was through both turns no problem.
    What that guy is doing in the video is a little more advanced, to say the least, however practice on a bike you aren't afraid to drop and wear the right equipment, in case it happens, and you'll be a pro in no time!
    Yeah I'm gonna try it next year with a few friends in a parking lot, hope the popo don't come knocking lol

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

The interesting thing about what he is doing, it that it seems his speed is changing between straight and countersteering speeds as he sets up the turns.

After a little practice I can do nice slow full lock turns, but when you suddenly goose the throttle the steering changes.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Honestly, I think if you guys aren't popping wheelies or doing burnouts you'll be just fine. In fact, I think they'd give you kudos for learning in a lot rather than trying to take a busy corner looking like a drunk driver.

Quote Originally Posted by 油井緋色 View Post
    Yeah I'm gonna try it next year with a few friends in a parking lot, hope the popo don't come knocking lol