Can't Find Water Wetter? Go here.

Thread: Can't Find Water Wetter? Go here.

Can't Find Water Wetter? Go here.

Seems like a lot of stores stopped carrying this stuff.... but if you're in need, see these guys in Mississauga. Weekday hours are 9-6pm and they're open Saturdays.

http://www.jrponline.com/webstore/in...link=contactus

http://www.jrponline.com/cs/ (New Site)

Just a friendly FYI. $10/bottle
    Last edited by Mr.Azim; 08-03-2011 at 09:12 AM.

Re: Can't Find Water Wetter? Go here.

Or just go to Canadian tire

Quote Originally Posted by beerzie View Post
    Or just go to Canadian tire
    Discontinued from their product line.

Mississauga ('08 ZX-14 Street, '02 GSXR750 Track))

Excellent, thanks for the heads up. Now I just need to remember this thread.
    DVS in name....DVS in nature.....

Link to track day pics

Link to track day vids

On Yahoo Video

On Vimeo

Riders choice still has a lot of this stuff too
    mikeymoto

Pretty sure gp bikes has it in the east end too.

this stuff works much better
    http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/rdcb.aspx

Ok so about the amsoil stuff. A buddy of mine wanted to come do a track day and he bleeds amsoil so he wanted to use it instead of water wetter but I wouldn't let him. Is it allowed? I know they don't really have a way of checking it unless it's a different colour but why is it that everyone else uses the redline product if the amsoil is that much better and allowed?

Canadian Tire stopped carrying Water-Wetter and Only place that I know that has it is Part-source (behind the counter, so you have to ask for it).

Cheers

I was checking out the AMSOIL link, looking to see if it was glycol based... found this instead."Directions: With engine off and cool, make sure cooling system is filled with selected coolant. Shake bottle and pour calculated amount of Coolant Boost into radiator. Start engine, turn heat on high and run for 15 minutes. Do NOT use distilled water unless mixed with 50% antifreeze.Dosage: For straight water applications, add 2 fl. oz. of Coolant Boost per quart of tap or softened water. For 50/50 coolant/water applications, add 1 fl . oz. of Coolant Boost per quart of 50/50 mix."DO NOT use distilled water??? Tap or softened water?? Weird (I think?).
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Domon View Post
    Canadian Tire stopped carrying Water-Wetter and Only place that I know that has it is Part-source (behind the counter, so you have to ask for it).

Cheers
    I went there too.... they didnt have it and they're the ones who referred me to JRP.

If your in Mississauga, try the the Part-Source at Dundas and Dixie.

Pro6cycle in Etobicoke has it.........and Tony @ bluestreakracing has it also.

I need some edumacation on this, are these products specifically used for track days, why do you need it/use it, what dose it do?

Quote Originally Posted by S500K View Post
    I need some edumacation on this, are these products specifically used for track days, why do you need it/use it, what dose it do?
    You can use these products on the street but the reason waterwetter is used on the track is due to the fact that when spilled on the track antifreeze (the green stuff in your radiator) is very very slippery. it's also harder to clean up than oil. last thing you want when going track speeds is something giving you traction issues. water wetter is an alternative to antifreeze for lubrication of your water pump and it also helps with the boiling point of water (iirc). it will not stop the liquid in the radiator from freezing so if you drain out the antifreeze to put just distilled water and water wetter (or alternative) it needs to be drained out before winter hits to avoid a cracked block/rad etc
    x

You can use these products on the street but the reason waterwetter is used on the track is due to the fact that when spilled on the track antifreeze (the green stuff in your radiator) is very very slippery. it's also harder to clean up than oil. last thing you want when going track speeds is something giving you traction issues. water wetter is an alternative to antifreeze for lubrication of your water pump and it also helps with the boiling point of water (iirc). it will not stop the liquid in the radiator from freezing so if you drain out the antifreeze to put just distilled water and water wetter (or alternative) it needs to be drained out before winter hits to avoid a cracked block/rad etc
    Thought it was something like that, thanks for clarifying it